About the organisation
About the role
This is your chance to help #turnthingsaround.
Epilepsy Queensland was founded in 1969 by the Kemp family, motivated by their son Robert’s experience of Epilepsy. More than 50 years on, Epilepsy Queensland is a modern and contemporary evidence-based organisation that continues to improve the quality of life for people with epilepsy, through a range of capacity building (support, counselling, education & training) to support people like Robert to manage their own condition and to live well with their epilepsy
A values led organisation, the aim is to be a trusted partner of more than 30,000 Queenslanders living with epilepsy, their families, carers, medical professionals and other circles of support.
There is no sugar coating it – EQ have embarked on a #brave organisational change, alongside our partners organisations across the country, that will set them up to be #agile to meet the needs of the their community for the next 50 years. The newly created role of Manager, Living Well will be instrumental in leading the #transparent development and evolution of the service model that will enable positive customer outcomes and impact.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, and the leader of their core business you will both be a key member of the energetic leadership team and a highly likely successor candidate for the Chief Executive. This role will provide leadership, management and direction to a multidisciplinary team through the co-design and delivery of evidence based, impact driven program and services that are consistent with their model of practice.
Success in this role will look like:
- Every person living with epilepsy in Queensland has access to free comprehensive support, education & training and other core activities.
- Customers consistently report improvements in self-management, confidence, wellbeing, customer experience and other measures that are relevant to the Outcomes & Impact framework from time-to-time
- We are well known in the epilepsy community for driving collaboration, innovation, quality of services and its essential contribution to holistic care of those living with epilepsy
- Our service model, programs and services are recognised as good examples of co-designed, evidence based, measured, and evaluated with a focus on customer outcomes and impact
- Out national partners see us a Project Manager, key contributor and active service delivery partner to the Epilepsy Smart Australia Project
- The coordination of intake, triage and service provision is seamless to the customer and play to the relevant strengths of the team.
- We capitalise on our 50 years of experience, evidence base and subject matter expertise to generate revenue in consulting, education & training and NDIS supports.
- Our teams report high levels of engagement and strong employee experience measures.
- Contribution to the leadership of the organisation is valued by all staff and the leadership team is united, agile, transparent, and brave.
To be successful you will excel at the discipline of managing projects and have experience driving collaboration across multiple organisations using an evidence based approach. You will also have significant experience with service design, delivery, measurement and evaluation resulting in a positive impact on customer outcomes. You may come from a professional registration background such as a Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist or similar, but this is not essential.
You will have one eye on the customer, one on the services and the third eye on the overall experience across the organisation.
As part of the leadership team, you will be supported and empowered to think and do things differently to create impact and in pursuit of the vision to be the beacon of hope for people living with, and impacted by, epilepsy in Queensland.
This is a truly unique and special role – the organisation is inspiring and will have an enormous impact in the lives of people living with and impacted by epilepsy. If this role excites you, and you’re up for the challenge, please ‘Apply Now’ with your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter (Word format), that outlines why this is the next exciting role for you.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Manager, Living Well via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Health_–_General