About the organisation
NSW Trustee & Guardian protects, promotes and supports the rights, dignity, choices and wishes of the people of NSW. The agency supports the Chief Executive Officer and the Public Guardian to provide customer-centred services to the people of NSW, including some of the state’s most vulnerable. We do this by providing a range of multidisciplinary services including Will-making, trustee, financial management and guardianship services.
We write more than 13,000 estate planning documents each year, support over 47,000 customers annually and manage over seven billion dollars in customer assets. A NSW government agency within the Stronger Communities Cluster, our services help support and protect people at critical moments in their lives.
About the role
- Ongoing vacancy. 35 hours per week.
- Sydney CBD, Parramatta, Wollongong, Bathurst, Wagga Wagga, Port Macquarie, Lismore or Newcastle. Other locations across Regional NSW will be considered.
- We have flexible working arrangements available
- Clerk Grade: 7/8. Base salary $99,431 pa to $110,064 pa plus super and annual leave loading.
We have a new and exciting role within the Customer Experience division-leading community engagement activities across NSW.
You will work alongside your colleagues to understand our customer’s needs, develop strategies that improve awareness, leverage partnerships and drive business development opportunities.
About the team
The Customer Experience division provides a wide range of specialist support across NSW Trustee & Guardian divisions including customer advocacy support, service design, business development, marketing, brand, communications, and media services.
About the role
This role is responsible for facilitating and delivering community education and business development strategies that promote NSW Trustee & Guardian products and services. Your work will need to meet the requirements of diverse community groups, including culturally diverse, Indigenous, elderly, culturally and linguistically diverse groups.
A key component of this role is to focus on lead generation and business development activities. In doing so, you will represent the organisation and will have an opportunity to travel and discover NSW. You will meet many people from various backgrounds and deliver educational events and presentations to build local networks, strategic partnerships and connections.
For more information about the position, view the role description.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication skills and able to translate complex legal information into engaging, accessible public information for a diverse range of customer groups
- Proven experience in educating and engaging community, and developing and delivering business development strategies that to drive commercial outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement, marketing or communication field
- Strong partnerships skills to build a good rapport with colleagues and diverse communities
Sound like you? Apply now!
- Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience in a relevant discipline or industry such as services sector, professional and or community focussed areas.
- Current driver licence and ability to travel across NSW as required.
- Available to work after hours and weekends as required.
- Up to date COVID-19 vaccination status and able to provide acceptable proof.
Our commitment to diversity
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences and abilities. This includes women, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What we offer
NSW Trustee & Guardian offers interesting, challenging and rewarding work that has real purpose. Other benefits of joining us include:
- work-life balance with flexible work options including flex leave
- leave options including 14 weeks parental or adoption leave
- career development
- Fitness Passport
Be part of something bigger. For more about joining us, visit the Careers page on our website.
How to apply
To apply for this role:
- complete the online application
- submit a resume (maximum five pages)
- attach a cover letter (maximum two pages) addressing the following targeted questions:
- Outline how you meet the capabilities of this role, as specified in the role description.
- Provide examples where you can demonstrate the key knowledge and experience, and essential requirements of this role, as specified in the role description.
Read writing your job application for tips with the application process.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 19 June 2022
For role-related enquiries, please contact Madeleine Robertson, Director, Customer Experience on 0439 741 380 or email Madeleine.Robertson@tag.nsw.gov.au
For recruitment enquiries, please contact Justyna Wieczorek, Talent Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send your applications directly via email or LinkedIn. Only applications submitted via the online portal will be accepted.
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process or workplace, please let us know.
Offers of employment will be subject to reference checks and relevant clearances.
A talent pool may be created for future ongoing, temporary and part-time roles, and is valid for 18-months.
All candidates applying for this role must comply with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, have an up to date COVID-19 vaccination status and be able to provide acceptable proof. Further information about vaccination requirements will be provided to successful candidates and is also available via email request to PeopleandPerformance@tag.nsw.gov.au
Please quote in application: Community Education Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Government