About the organisation
Act for Kids is a for-purpose organisation that delivers evidence-based professional therapy and support services to children and families, who have experienced or are at risk of harm. Established in 1988, we have helped over 170,000 children, young people and families at our 30 centres across Australia.
Through prevention, treatment, research, education and advocacy, we are committed to helping keep kids safe, heal from trauma and lead happy lives.
About the role
We are seeking a dedicated Events & Fundraising Specialist to join our inclusive, compassionate and friendly team based in Milton, Brisbane. This position is permanent full-time.
This position is responsible for developing and managing the Act For Kids events calendar, including the annual gala ball, local and national treks and special events e.g. gift wrapping campaigns. This role will work closely with external corporate members to deliver on behalf of events and networking functions, including golf days, lunches and trivia nights.
- In collaboration with the Fundraising and Development Manager or other team members to research, plan, execute, support and evaluate the delivery of Act for Kids events and on behalf of events to achieve Act for Kids objectives.
- Identify opportunities for corporate sponsorship associated with fundraising and promotional activities.
Act for Kids Events
- Profit and loss development and management of all expenses associated with activity, including processing of invoices and working within budget constraints for each event.
- Stakeholder development and engagement capability, ensuring long-term productive working relationships.
- In collaboration with management, identify opportunities for corporate sponsorship associated with fundraising and/or promotional activities.
- Liaise with marketing and communications team to ensure adequate promotion of events.
- Prepare action/management plans for events e.g. Act for Kids gala ball.
On Behalf Of & Community Events
- Actively seek, manage and develop on behalf of opportunities with businesses and community groups.
- Develop key initiatives on behalf of events that can be packaged (franchised) e.g. Trivia Nights, Golf Days.
- Coordinate event volunteers including recruitment, induction, rostering and ensuring appropriate police and/or working with children checks are completed.
Systems & Processes
- Obtain any council approvals, permits, licences, hire of facilities and insurances pertaining to planned events or activities.
- Manage a database of contacts (within the CRM Raisers Edge) to enable effective monthly reporting on Act for Kids and on behalf of events.
- Work on event ticketing through Raisers Edge.
- Source and organise venues, entertainment, ticketing options and sales.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (events, marketing, public relations, management or similar).
Skills and experience
- Self-starter with experience in a similar role managing large scale events within a corporate environment.
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to engage and establish rapport with people at all levels.
- Demonstrate exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills especially in excel.
- Understanding of event orders and event design.
- Ability to understand CRM systems and requirements for events.
- Self-motivation and independence, but also the ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated high level of enthusiasm, flexibility, adaptability, innovation, with a focus on getting results.
- Eligibility for a Suitability Card for Child Related Employment (Blue Card registration) or exemption based on professional qualifications and registration.
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of hours with events, including after work and occasional weekends.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Australia and proof of eligibility may be requested.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay…
- Salary will be negotiated and commensurate with experience.
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits…
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- A friendly and flexible work environment to support work/life balance
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Events & Fundraising Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.