About the organisation
Neuroblastoma Australia’s mission is focused on raising awareness and vital funding for neuroblastoma childhood cancer. Neuroblastoma is the leading cause of cancer death of children under 5. Currently treatments are extremely toxic, invasive and only effective in 50% of cases – survivors have lasting side effects from the treatments. In addition to raising funds, the charity provides support to families affected by this devastating disease through providing information on the disease, networking events (conference, zoom groups) and activity sets for children in hospital.
Neuroblastoma Australia is a small charity that was set up by families affected by neuroblastoma. It has grown significantly over the last 10 years and is well positioned to grow further and make more of an impact.
The charity has raised over $2.4 million to date for leading research projects. We are looking for someone keen to join the team and help us make a difference to children diagnosed with neuroblastoma cancer.
About the role
- Neuroblastoma is the leading cause of death of children under 5 from cancer
- Increase revenue by supporting the development of existing events and new initiatves
- Part time, 21 hours per week (working from home and office)
In this role the key objectives are to increase the charity’s fundraising revenue by:
- increasing participation in the charity’s events through approaching new organisations
- acquiring new sponsors whose values and mission align with the charity’s values
- increasing fundraising revenue through actively engaging with supporters and through ensuring marketing communications are relevant to the audiences
- strategically assessing fundraising opportunities and preparing business cases
- identifying potential corporate clients and presenting to them suitable opportunities which may include events, workplace giving or/and volunteering
- ensuring supporters have the tools and resources they need from the charity for their initiatives and the charity’s website has relevant content
- nurturing existing relationships to build the value of relationships for both parties
- developing marketing strategies and donor journeys with CRM Manager and proposing new ideas
Key skills and attributes
- Corporate partnerships, business development or fundraising experience in the charity sector preferred but not essential
- Proven ability to generate, retain, and grow income through successful long-term relationships
- Extensive experience in lead generation and prospecting including experience in cold & warm calls
- Ability to create compelling business cases to potential partners based on identifying common goals and commercial opportunities
- Ability to identify opportunities to develop revenue, improve operational efficiencies and systems and to make recommendations in line with the charity’s strategy
- Excellent written and communication skills; ability to liaise at grass roots level and Director level
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review data and use donor/customer databases to understand audiences, segment and to establish donor journeys
- Self-motivated person who takes pride in driving progress and completing tasks to a high standard, understands challenges and seeks solutions, puts forward a strong business case which recognises the needs of corporates and those of the charity and implements action to get results
- Enjoys organising events and is able to effectively manage volunteers
- Flexible, empathetic, compassionate and interested in working in the charity sector to make a difference
How to apply
Please send covering letter and resume to Lucy Jones at Lucy.Jones@nb.org.au
Please quote in application: Fundraising Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Health_–_General, #ResearchMedical_Research