About the organisation
About the role
Catherine Hamlin Fistula Foundation (CHFF) is an independent charity established in Australia to raise funds for Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia, in Ethiopia. Founded by Dr Catherine Hamlin, CHFF exists to fulfill her vision to eradicate obstetric fistula.
Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia is a healthcare network of over 550 Ethiopian staff servicing fistula hospitals and midwifery clinics. Hamlin is the leader in the fight to eradicate obstetric fistula around the world, blazing a trail for holistic treatment and care that empowers women to reassert their humanity, secure their health and wellbeing, and regain their roles in their families and communities.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of strategies to increase philanthropic support from major donors, trusts and foundations, and corporate partners in Australia, Canada and the United States of America.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Researching suitable funding sources including applying for grants, constructing submissions and delivering compelling pitch presentations
- Collaborating with colleagues to form a successful program nationally and internationally
- Building relationships with donors, prospects, and boards, including direct solicitation
- Producing and delivering communications using a range of channels and technologies
This position can work remotely or from CHFF’s Australian based office.
Skills and Experience Required
You will have a proven track record in growing income through stewarding key relationships combined with demonstrated business development skills. Additionally you will have:
- A solid understanding of relationship, major donor and corporate fundraising
- The ability to create compelling proposals and a persuasive case for support
- Exceptional interpersonal, team building, stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Proficiency in budget forecasting and monitoring
If making an important contribution to the eradication of obstetric fistula is meaningful to you, please submit your CV along with a cover letter, addressing the skills required section above and tell us why you think you would be right for the role. Alternatively, please call Kelly Gentle on 02 8243 0570 for more information.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.