About the organisation
At NSW Trustee & Guardian, we protect, promote, and support the rights, dignity, choices and wishes of our customers.
Whether we are writing a Will, acting as an executor, attorney, trustee, guardian, or financial manager, we are here for critical moments in our customers' lives. Join our dedicated NSW Government agency and make a difference in the lives of over 47,000 people each year.
About the role
- Ongoing / full-time vacancy. 35 hours per week.
- Location: Parramatta, CBD or Regional based, flexible work locations available.
- Clerk Grade 9/10. Base salary $113,343 pa to $124,901 pa plus super and annual leave loading.
We have an exciting opportunity to join NSW Trustee & Guardian as Senior Policy Officer within our Strategy People & Governance division.
About the division
The Strategy, People, and Governance division provides a wide range of enabling services including audit, risk and compliance, ministerial and external relations, people and culture, and policy and reporting services.
About the role
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Senior Policy Officer to join a dedicated team who are passionate about contributing to the delivery of outcomes for some of the most vulnerable people of NSW.
This role will provide broad opportunities to contribute to public policy formulation and involvement in a range of national and state-wide policies, issues, and projects.
The Senior Policy Officer is the lead for monitoring of Royal Commissions and external inquiries for matters relevant to NSW Trustee & Guardian and our customers. This includes working closely with other stakeholders to respond to calls for submissions and leading the development of submissions across the organisation.
The Senior Policy Officer plays a central role in coordinating advice on varied and current issues in ministerial, parliamentary, and cabinet submissions.
For more information about the position, click here to view the role description
This role was previously advertised as Policy Manager and the role title has now been changed to Senior Policy Officer (Policy Manager). Previous applicants need not re-apply as previous applications will be carried forward.
We are looking for a motivated high performer with experience in policy development and implementation.
We are looking for someone who:
- enjoys working closely with other teams to identify and deliver policy reform across a range of stakeholders who may have differing views.
- is keen to use their intellectual problem-solving ability to develop complex submissions or responses to Royal Commissions, ministerial, parliamentary, and cabinet issues that make a difference to people’s lives.
- takes pride in delivering clear written and verbal advice on your findings and has extensive experience in analysing policy trends.
- is an experienced leader who can coach, mentor, and support staff.
Sound like you? Apply now!
- Relevant tertiary education and/or experience in policy or a relevant discipline.
- Understanding of NSW Government and NSW Trustee & Guardian’s key services and client base (or ability to quickly gain such understanding).
- Up to date COVID-19 vaccination status and able to provide acceptable proof.
Our commitment to diversity
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences, and abilities. This includes women, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders, the LGBTI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What we offer
NSW Trustee & Guardian offers interesting, challenging and rewarding work that has real purpose. Other benefits of joining us include:
- Work-life balance with flexible work options including flex leave
- Leave options including 14 weeks’ parental or adoption leave
- Career development
- Fitness Passport
Be part of something bigger. For more about joining us, visit the Careers page on our website.
How to apply
To apply for this role:
- Complete the online application
- Submit a resume (maximum five pages)
- Attach a brief cover letter (maximum two pages) outlining your skills, experience, and suitability.
Applications close 11:59pm, Sunday29th May 2022
For enquiries, please contact:
Michelle Batterham, Director, Strategy, People & Governance by email firstname.lastname@example.org or
Paula Dutton, Senior Manager, Policy & Reporting on 0477 660 787 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process or workplace, please let us know.
- Offers of employment will be subject to reference checks and relevant clearances.
- A talent pool may be created for future ongoing, temporary, and part-time roles, and is valid for 18-months.
- All candidates applying for this role must comply with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, have an up to date COVID-19 vaccination status and be able to provide acceptable proof. Further information about vaccination requirements will be provided to successful candidates and is also available via email request to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Senior Policy Officer (Policy Manager) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Government