About the organisation
Our purpose is to donate business expertise to positively change communities.
ABV is a team of several hundred Skilled Business Professionals (SBPs) enabled by a small salaried team. Together we source opportunities throughout Asia Pacific and in Australia to work in partnership with corporates and deliver impactful corporate social responsibility programs. We guarantee sustainable outcomes for communities, through strengthening small businesses and not for profits, leading to poverty alleviation. As we emerge from the COVID pandemic, ABV is taking on a new and growing range of exciting projects, working with our partners and volunteers across Australia and overseas.
With 40 years’ experience across Australia, Asia and Pacific, ABV is focussed on programs that produce outcomes, positive stories of change for the small businesses and not-for-profits that our Skilled Business Professionals and staff support through transferring Australian business know-how and experience.
About the role
The Workshop Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, preparation and successful delivery of immersive skilled volunteering group projects [Immersions] for the employees of ABV’s corporate clients with identified community partners; following a clearly defined facilitation process to deliver a realistic, valuable outcome for the community partner, and an enjoyable learning experience for employees.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Develop a detailed participant scope of work with the community partner, aligned to the skill sets of the corporate client’s employees, ensuring it is clearly defined and feasible to deliver on within a short timeframe.
- Recruit, select and prepare corporate client employee skilled volunteer team including preparation of recruitment materials, communication, and onboarding.
- Coordinate the immersion activities from beginning to end, including management of logistics, compliance paperwork and communication with all stakeholders, ensuring clarity around the process, next steps, and engagement expectations.
- Act as a guide and coach for the volunteer project team and community partner throughout the immersion sessions (pre, during and post), following a clearly defined ABV immersion process to deliver a realistic, valuable outcome for the community partner, and an enjoyable learning experience for employees.
- Media and promotions – ensure social media guidelines are prepared and agreed with the community partner, shared with participants and any relevant media noted and saved.
- With consent, take screenshots and in person photos, create social media posts and provide to ABV’s Communications person.
How to apply
ABV is developing a pool of workshop coordinators to call on as workshops are agreed. Ongoing recruitment until pool is filled. Apply now to email@example.com by providing a CV and letter of application covering the selection criteria:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in workshop and/or group facilitation and project management.
• Diversity of experience in the not-for-profit sector (domestic or international)
operationally and in terms of governance, programming etc, preferred.
• Highly organised and planned, with strong attention to detail and follow up
• Highly developed workshop coordination skills and experience.
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, including verbal and
• Comfortable with guiding from behind – allowing a group to form, structure their activities and arrive at a solution organically.
• Comfortable working online and competent in use of online collaboration and
project management tools.
Please quote in application: Group Workshop Coordinators (short term) – Melb, Syd and Brisbane via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #CSR, #Other