About the organisation
About the role
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Permanent Part-Time Position
About the opportunity
The Registered Nurse contributes to the provision of a safe and hospitable environment for clients voluntarily seeking withdrawal from the acute use of alcohol and/or other drugs by actively supporting clients to achieve their individual treatment plans including drug withdrawal, in collaboration with the Senior RN on shift and oversee shift responsibilities
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Competencies in dual diagnosis (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment).
- Demonstrated skills in communicating and working with persons with problematic alcohol and/or other drug use including marginalised groups and the ability to deal with clients in calm, tolerant, non-judgemental and positive manner
- An awareness of alcohol and/or other drug treatment intervention
- Agreement and willingness to work rotating rostered shifts over the full 24-hour period (including night shift).
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Sunday 26 June 2022
Get in touch
If this sounds like you and you wish to find out more about this role you can contact Rose McCrohan for a confidential discussion on 0422 015 208 .
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Registered Nurse via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People