About the organisation
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is the voice for Australia's oceans. We deal with the big issues concerning the sea, working with the community to protect our marine wildlife, tackling major threats to our oceans and creating marine sanctuaries, places in the sea where sea life is safe from harm. Across our campaigns, we tackle climate change - the biggest existential threat to our ocean planet, with our Great Barrier Reef at the forefront. We are a committed group of professional and passionate scientists, educators and advocates who have defended Australia's oceans for over 55 years. With more than 300,000 supporters around the country, we are one of Australia’s most influential not-for-profit environmental charities.
About the role
We are looking for a savvy IT professional with website experience to guide the continuous improvement and maintenance of our digital infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to join and support a great team and work for a great cause.
Purpose of the Position:
The Web and IT Solutions Architect guides the continuous improvement and maintenance of AMCS’ digital infrastructure. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for website design and software integrations that support the organisation’s growth. Working with our Database Administrator you will guide staff and consultants in the ongoing improvement of our charitable websites, digital campaigning/fundraising tools, and associated IT systems. The Web and IT Solutions Architect also supports the organisation with the delivery of IT and systems support for all staff.
Website Development and IT Solutions Architecture
- Oversee the configuration of AMCS WordPress websites, and their integrations with our donation and payment systems, Salesforce NPSP database and marketing software.
- Project manage the scoping and delivery of optimisations, improvements or new features for our websites and associated systems and integrations.
- Work with the Fundraising, Operations and Communications teams to develop and deliver optimisations to improve the experience of users, donors and supporters across AMCS digital platforms.
- Investigate and resolve technical errors, security flags and system roadblocks associated with the website and related integrations.
- Regularly undertake reporting and analytics to drive ongoing improvement across AMCS web, integration and IT systems.
- Advise on the development of new websites, apps or digital campaigns where appropriate.
- Manage relationships with relevant suppliers and digital agencies to facilitate ongoing technical improvements and bug fixes.
IT & Systems Management
- Manage organisational IT systems and provide staff with IT support including the setup and onboarding of new employees.
- Oversee and configure required software licenses for the organisation including the AMCS website and associated integrations.
- Ensure website domains, hosting and associated system licenses are kept up to date.
- Train AMCS staff on website and associated integrations where needed, and monitor compliance.
- Purchase and maintain suitable IT equipment and software for the organisation and act as the main point of contact and liaison with IT suppliers.
- Contribute to database/data tasks to support others as needed and capacity allows.
IT Security & Risk Management
- Monitor security risks and developments in cyber security and ensure security and data protection best practices measures are in place and utilised.
- Provide support in the investigation, reporting and resolution of any information security incidents.
- Maintain regular database and system back-ups.
- Implement the relevant recommendations from AMCS IT security audits.
- Advise senior management on the implementation of security measures and policies to adhere to legislative requirements.
Essential Selection Criteria
- A minimum of two years of experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Website Development (or similar) or comparable level of training/experience.
- Experience managing the integration of diverse technical systems (such as WordPress, Salesforce, Salesforce NPSP, FormAssembly, Campaign Monitor, Chargent etc).
- Experience providing IT support and managing IT requests through an IT Helpdesk system
- Experience in project management of technical development projects and managing external contractors.
- Effective and collaborative communication skills with the ability to clearly translate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Commitment to upholding AMCS’ values and to protecting our oceans.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) is desirable.
- Experience working with campaigns or non-profit organisations to set up and optimise systems to support innovative digital campaigns would be advantageous.
If you are innovative, efficient, highly organised and looking for a rewarding role where you can make a real difference while growing and developing your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Please see attached for a full position description and further details on the role.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Web and IT Solutions Architect via Pro Bono Australia.