About the organisation
Access Community Services Limited (part of the SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
About the role
- A focus on successful outcomes to increase the independence and self-reliance of young CALD individuals
- Building relationships with clients and stakeholders in the community
- Fantastic work culture and environment and flexible working arrangements to support work life balance
Do you want to work with a leading purpose driven, community-based organisation?
SSI’s vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families to reach their potential.
About the Team and Role
The Youth Settlement Caseworker will be responsible for the direct case coordination for young people under the Settlement Services Program and Youth Transition Support (YTS) Program, and ensure contractual obligations are met. Working with young people between the ages of 16 -25, you are an approachable, and flexible person, who can be firm to assist you in advocating and helping the youth in this program.
You will be assisting them in finding meaningful employment, achieving their educational and vocational goals, and in finding them suitable sporting activities. As well as this you will also be a caseworker in every sense of the word and refer them to different services as your assessments uncover their individual needs.
This will include, but not be limited to the following tasks;
- Completing holistic intake assessments, with a focus on client goals, strengths and rapport building
- Providing referrals to relevant stakeholders and follow up on client referral outcome
- Ensuring that all client case work data is current and up to date on client data systems; all case notes are completed and client files filed according to confidentiality and privacy principles.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders and internal programs to improve referral pathways for clients.
- Attending regular meetings with the youth, settlement and social service teams. Promoting a positive and supportive organizational culture within the team
- Promoting and maintaining systems for high level client service and feedback processes.
- Plus you will be promoting and improving perceptions of ACSL and its programs within the community.
- Minimum 3 years equivalent experience and/or tertiary qualifications in Human Services, Social worker or relevant Discipline
- Proven experience in working with young people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in the delivering culturally responsive casework services
- An understanding of skills and techniques to build clients capacity to become independent in Australia
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the multicultural sector including relevant government policies and programs
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to deal constructively with complex and sometimes conflicting situations
- Highly developed written and computer skills across a range of applications including client records management systems
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About our Recruitment Process
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
How to apply
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including your resume and a cover letter that tells us how you meet the Essential Requirements and what your motivation is for applying for this role. SSI expects all applicants who can be safely vaccinated for COVID-19, to be so. This is also a pre-condition to ongoing employment.
Applications close Thursday 7 July 2022
Should you require further information about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A recruitment pool may be created for permanent and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available in the future.
SSI is a Disability Confident Recruiter, and our Talent Acquisition team can assist in; providing alternative formats to apply, making adjustments to the recruitment process and offering information about workplace adjustments and support networks.
Should you require adjustments please email us at email@example.com or call Nicola on 0421 646498
Please quote in application: Youth Community Case Worker via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Youth_and_Young_People