About the organisation
About the role
Who we are
Social Ventures Australia (SVA) is a not-for-profit organisation that works with partners to alleviate disadvantage and towards an Australia where all people and communities thrive. We influence systems to deliver better social outcomes for people by learning about what works in communities, helping organisations be more effective, sharing our perspectives and advocating for change.
The Impact Investing team connects private capital to the social sector, developing opportunities for investors seeking a risk-adjusted return alongside measurable social impact. SVA is a leader in the Australian impact investing market and was awarded Impact Investing Asset Manager of the Year at the 2018 Impact Investing Summit Conference.
You will be a key member of the Impact Investing team in an exciting phase of change and development for the business. You will support the Diversified Impact Fund and the Social Impact Investment Trust, assisting with the development and documentation of transactions including market and sector analysis, building financial models, undertaking due diligence, and supporting transaction negotiation, as well as reporting to investors and key stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support research and due diligence on potential investment opportunities
- Support the preparation of key documentation and presentations including investment recommendation papers for submission to investment review committees.
- Support execution of the investment strategy and Fund modeling.
- Support on-going portfolio monitoring by gathering financial, impact and operational information from investees, and assist with operational relationship management.
- Prepare regular reporting for investors and the investment committee.
- Support the Impact Investing operations team as required, including responding to investor enquiries.
- Aid the origination of potential investment opportunities for SVA’s funds, through business development and market research related activities.
- Work in a business awarded Best Workplace 2021 from Voice Project with 81% employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Join an organisation awarded Change Champion 2021 for recognising and actioning our employees’ insights to improve experience and business performance
- Be part of the SVA team known for living by our values to put people at the centre and be open and ready to learn
- We don’t believe that “one size fits all” so we offer flexibility and a hybrid work model that is specific to your team and recognises that work is only one of our priorities.
- Join a business with a focus on your wellbeing and development with an additional week’s annual leave after working with SVA for two continuous years.
Who you are
- Demonstrate knowledge, passion, and commitment to working in the social sector and on society’s most important challenges.
- Bring demonstrated knowledge of the investment sector; an impact investment focus is an advantage.
- Have completed an undergraduate degree in relevant field and/or have a proven knowledge base in one or more relevant area/s (i.e., finance, accounting, legal, actuarial).
- Be recognised for your strong financial modelling capabilities, including the application of credit analysis and financial/valuation models and high-level working capabilities with Excel.
- Have a successful track record in investment or lending or transaction advisory services in Investment and/ or Corporate Banking, Funds Management (Private Equity or Venture Capital), Chartered Accounting, Law, or Actuarial services.
- Be known for your ability to to think critically and logically, draw insights from, and synthesise, raw and complex information, and present key concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Bring strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels verbally and in writing.
SVA values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
The position description is available on the SVA website.
We recommend that you review the position description before applying for the role.
If you have the experience and knowledge we are looking for and are excited to join our team, please submit your CV (max 2 pages) and a statement (max 1 page) addressing the person requirements by midnight AEST Wednesday 3 August 2022
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Analyst, Impact Investing via Pro Bono Australia.