About the organisation
About the role
Every year, one in five Australians is struck down with a major brain or mind disorder. Neuroscience Research Australia (NeuRA) is a renowned medical research institute with world-class capabilities and expertise in neurodegenerative diseases, mental health and age-related conditions. Through leadership, excellence and innovation in scientific research in their state-of-the-art Sydney facilities, NeuRA’s contribution to improving global health outcomes continues to grow.
Reporting to the Foundation’s Deputy Director, this strategic role is responsible for the management of bequests and a portfolio of major donors. You will play a key role specifically in designing and implementing a new bequest strategy to grow revenue to support the Institute’s research priorities. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing the Foundation’s bequest strategy including community engagement and outreach, cultivation and donor stewardship initiatives
- Managing a portfolio of prospective and existing donors in order to support strategic fundraising priorities and targets
- Establishing and building strong and authentic relationships to grow philanthropic support
- Implementing prospect research methodology and reporting in order to develop pipelines for major giving and bequest
- Contributing to the broader philanthropy program and working closely with the Foundation team to deliver tailored proposals, collateral and events
You are a self-motivated fundraising, sales or business development specialist with demonstrated success developing strong and productive relationships or a sales portfolio to deliver significant revenue. Ideally you understand current fundraising trends, techniques and, and bring highly developed communication, influencing and relationship building skills. You can also demonstrate:
- Experience in segmenting donor or client lists and prioritising contact
- Data analysis skills to support the research and qualification of donor prospects
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively across multiple teams
- Strong writing, administrative and organisational skills
If you want to be part of NeuRA’s vision to transform the lives of people with brain and nerve disorders, submit your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required section or phone Kelly Gentle on 02 8243 0570 if you have specific questions about this opportunity.
There is no application close date and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Bequests & Major Gifts Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #CSR, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #ResearchMedical_Research, #Science_and_Technology