About the organisation
Ballarat Hospice Care Inc. (BHCI) is a home-based palliative care service, caring for people living with a life limiting illness and supporting their family and carers. BHCI staff and volunteers work within our values framework which focus on loyalty, honesty, trust, willingness, kindness, respect and skill. These values guide how we communicate and how we undertake our work, and are the foundation for our positive workplace culture.
About the role
Full time – 3 year contract
- Key leadership role for our community palliative care organisation
- Drive excellence and innovation across the organisation
- Leverage service delivery opportunities
We are seeking a highly experienced CEO to provide strategic, values driven leadership and management across our organisation. With a committed and experienced team and a proven track record for providing exceptional home based palliative care services, the organisation is well positioned to progress its work within our catchment.
Accountable to the Board, the CEO will provide collaborative leadership to implement our Strategic Plan and ensure achievement of BHCI’s vision, organisational objectives and financial sustainability. Working in partnership with the Board, the CEO will ensure the organisation fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities, including ensuring services are delivered to the highest standards of clinical governance, and that appropriate standards, systems and processes are in place and regularly evaluated.
You are approachable and respectful and you will encourage an inclusive, open and transparent culture (further building on what already exists). You are a natural collaborator and inspire and encourage the development of fresh ideas, at all levels, to ensure the organisation is continuously improving and moving forward.
As CEO you will operate with a high level of autonomy within a supportive and structured environment and will need to:
- Be an experienced leader with exemplary strategic, financial, operational and people management skills
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of, and commitment to, palliative and end of life care
- Be willing to incorporate BHCI’s values into your leadership and management style
- Have high emotional intelligence and demonstrate grounded confidence, skill and experience in interpersonal and relationship management
- Easily develop and maintain respectful strategic partnerships, with a diversity of stakeholders
A Candidate Information Brochure and position description is available at https://ballarathospicecare.org.au/careers/#employment-opportunities
For further information please contact Marita Ryan 0428 401 834.
How to apply
Please forward your CV, and a cover letter (max 2 pages) outlining your suitability to the position in line with the Key Selection Criteria (listed in the Candidate Information Brochure) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: CEO via Pro Bono Australia.