About the organisation
About the role
DVConnect helps to find pathways to safety, away from domestic, family, and sexual violence. They provide emergency transport and accommodation for families including pets as well as safety planning, crisis counselling, intervention, information, and referrals.
Board renewal has led to an opportunity for an experienced Chair and Directors to join the DVConnect Board at a time of rapid growth. These are key roles working with the CEO in focussing on strategic matters and maintaining high governance standards. You will play a central role in stewarding the organisation to meet community need in respect to delivery of services, making a significant contribution to the safety of those experiencing violence.
The successful Chair candidate will:
- Lead the board with sound governance practices and responsible decision making.
- Oversee the timely implementation of the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Coach, mentor, and support DVConnect’s outstanding CEO; and
- Represent DVConnect in a professional manner with all stakeholders.
The Chair will bring:
- Previous chair experience and proven governance skills in an organisation experiencing growth and change.
- A deep commitment to the mission and purpose of the organisation.
- Proven leadership skills including strategic thinking and integrity.
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve outcomes.
- Deep expertise and experience in risk management.
- Knowledge and experience in strategic business planning and delivery, consensus building and organisational development, change management, relationships with government, corporate partners, and stakeholders.
In addition to the Chair, we are seeking non-executive directors with demonstrated experience in contemporary governance, risk management, strategic planning and knowledge of the applicable legal, ethical, and fiduciary responsibilities. You will contribute to the development and functioning of a high performing board, assuring a strategic focus and an inclusive and effective board culture. You will have led an organisation through transformative change and growth. Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills, excellent judgement, and a strong understanding of the importance of the services the organisation delivers are essential. Importantly, you will be an experienced non-executive director who is passionate about DVConnect’s purpose.
People with diverse backgrounds including culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To apply in strict confidence online, please submit your resume and a one-to-two-page cover letter that outlines your applicable expertise against the skills and experience listed above. Please ensure your cover letter clearly outlines and demonstrates the skillset/s you bring and why you would be an outstanding member of the DVConnect board.
Further questions and confidential enquiries can be made to Natasha Olsson-Seeto or Suzanne Grant on 07 3305 5800.
Applications close 31 July 2022
How to apply
Please quote in application: Chair and Non-Executive Directors via Pro Bono Australia.