About the organisation
Our Client, Global Mission Partners has been investing in life-changing partnerships with Churches, individuals and communities both overseas and within Australia for over 130 years. They want to see lives changed through relief and development, church partnerships, and Australian Indigenous ministry and they’re committed to encouraging the next generation of young people to explore mission and justice.
About the role
- International Missions organisation
- Extraordinary Partnerships, Transforming Lives
- Location-Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Officer will give sound leadership and direction towards the achievement of the organisation’s mission, strategy and objectives. The Executive Officer will lead the overall development and delivery of the Mission, Vision, Strategic and Operational plans of GMP. You will also provide leadership by way of missiological thinking to the Board, staff and volunteers, Australian Churches of Christ and overseas partners. The EO will provide inspiring leadership and ensure that the annual operations plans and financial budgets are in line with the strategic plan. You will also;
- Develop positive partnerships with Australian Churches, Federal and State conferences and related agencies.
- Provide leadership within Australian Churches of Christ, including the members of GMP; with other churches, agencies and ecumenical bodies and with overseas partners.
- Establish and maintain systems to ensure the protection and efficient and effective utilisation of GMP’s operational, human resources and financial assets.
- Establish close-working relationships with the leadership of Churches of Christ in Australia and overseas.
- Foster good working relationships with other Church movements nationally and internationally.
- Plan and oversee the recruitment, onboarding and development of all staff and volunteers.
The successful candidate will be a mature Christian with a proven track record in Senior leadership roles where you have built, led and nurtured highly effective and co-operative teams. We are looking for a servant- leader who is strongly aligned to the Christian values of this mission- based organisation, and has the ability to inspire and influence others, to build excellent relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, church leaders and church partners. You will possess spiritual integrity, have excellent leadership skills, be highly organized, have sound financial acumen and have the skills and ability to engage people in the work of GMP.
You will be an active member of a local Church and your knowledge and understanding of Missions and International Development in particular will be important for this role as will be your passion for mission and aid & development work. This is one of those great opportunities for someone who wants to use their skill and talent to help bring the Gospel to many through worldwide Christian mission.
How to apply
To apply for this key role, please request an application package from Linton Deane at; email@example.com or for an initial discussion please call Linton on 03-9653 9468. For more information about the work of GMP, please consult: www.gmp.org.au
Applications close on Monday 1st August, 2022.
Please quote in application: Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.