About the organisation
About the role
This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced leader who is passionate about making a significant and meaningful contribution to the organisation and the people it supports. The successful candidate will join the organisation at an exciting time of growth as they implement a renewed focus on driving improvements in safety for its staff.
This newly created role will provide exceptional leadership across the Health Safety and Wellbeing function. This is a high impact role charged with creating a safety focused culture, elevating the organisation’s reputation and employee value proposition.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Leading a high-performance Health, Safety and Wellbeing team in the maturation of the organisation’s safety culture through the development and implementation of health, safety and wellbeing strategy
- Representing the organisation with safety regulators nationally
- Partnering with operations to ensure effective risk mitigation and proactive risk prevention in an environment where team members may be at risk of escalated levels of workplace violence and aggression
- Developing and implement systems that comply with legislation in all jurisdictions
- Providing strategic advice to the executive and the Board
- Guiding an approach to organisational capability, enablement, and engagement by having a clear and aspirational vision and commitment to keeping the workforce and its community safe.
To be successful you will be recognised as an authentic leader genuinely motivated to connect with and see others succeed. You will have contemporary knowledge of issues facing organisations in the service delivery sector and have effective strategies for addressing these. Your skills and experience would preferably have been developed in organisations with higher risks of workplace violence and aggression such as community services, health care or policing.
It is expected that these experiences will be underpinned by a relevant qualification of at least a Bachelor level in workplace health and safety or another relevant field.
If you are ready to bring these skills to this wonderfully worthwhile and fulfilling leadership role, we encourage you to apply with a tailored 1-2 page cover letter that articulates you interest and skills alignment, and your resume to email@example.com
Confidential enquiries regarding this opportunity can be made to Suzanne Grant on 07 3305 5800.
How to apply
Please quote in application: General Manager, Health, Safety and Wellbeing via Pro Bono Australia.