About the organisation
About the role
The Humour Foundation is a unique organisation that truly believes laughter is the best medicine. Working with paediatric hospitals, general hospitals and aged care facilities, our programs improve the healthcare experience for sick kids and vulnerable adults through our primary programs, Clown Doctors and Laughter Care.
Engaging 70+ professional performers, the Foundation delivers programs in 20+ hospitals nationally, and works with residents living with dementia and/or experiencing social isolation in aged care facilities. Our work reaches over 200,000 vulnerable children and adults annually and is based on research that proves the physiological and psychological benefits of laughter to health and well-being.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, and we strive to be respectful, compassionate, optimistic and creative.
Benefits & Culture
- Full time permanent role with some hybrid / WFH options
- Company vehicle provided and available for personal use
- Not for profit salary packaging offered
- Work with creative colleagues who are committed to the wellbeing of clients
- Additional leave given for the period between Christmas and the New Year
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the Artistic Director, this leadership position is responsible for program management and the delivery of services. You will manage a geographically dispersed team of local program managers providing services to the host hospitals and aged care facilities as well as oversee for-purpose business development opportunities in the aged care sector. Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and mentor a team of 7 direct reports
- Development and delivery of programs strategic and operational plans, to achieve goals and budget, in conjunction with the broader organisational plan
- Ensure service agreements and funding meet the required standards, via regular reporting
- Build relationships with performers, hospitals and aged care centres to promote new program initiatives and develop fee for service programs
- Work with fundraising, artistic and finance teams to secure funding and provide relevant program updates and metrics
- Oversee compliance and governance documentation, and program impact processes with the Artistic team.
You are passionate about the role of arts-in-health. Your background could be in the arts, a community or health driven organisation, a NFP or aged care. You will have:
- High-level communication, advocacy and stakeholder management skills
- Strong strategic planning experience
- A history of built and nurtured professional relationships, including negotiating new contracts
- Proven track record in providing leadership to teams, including mentoring, coaching and managing performance
- Experienced in managing program delivery through teams of off-site staff such as performers, fundraisers or hospitality or event staff
- Ability to identify, research and recommend new services within operational and strategic plans
The Humour Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, expecting all staff and performers to share this commitment. Selected applicants will undergo a ‘Working with Children Check’ and Police Check.
If you are a natural relationship builder and experienced program manager, then please apply by forwarding your cover letter responding to the skills required above or call (02) 82430570 or email email@example.com with any specific questions.
How to apply
Please quote in application: National Programs Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Arts_and_Culture, #Children, #Families, #Health_–_General