About the organisation
About the role
Your new employer…
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day they support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
Their innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued as an employee at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career. They are committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people they serve. They recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support their purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia. Find out more about a career with Mission Australia
Your new job…
This position supports the Area Manager and contributes of the efficient running of the office by completing a range of administrative duties in an accurate and timely manner.
Just some of the duties this role will be responsible for include:
- Assist the front office/reception area including taking phone calls, responding to queries, managing guests
- Prepare documents like spreadsheets, reports, memos, meeting minutes and correspondence
- Assist with the collation and preparation of data and reports relating to financial activity
- Monitor and review expenditure against budgets
- Processing of financial transactions including journal entries, managing petty cash and accounts payable
- Maintenance of staff records, invoicing, stocktake and purchasing
- Diary management to schedule appointments and meetings
- Coordination of incoming and outgoing mail
- Proofread reports/documents as required
- Respond to payroll queries
This is a Permanent Part-Time opportunity at 35 hours per week (Mon-Fri). The salary for this role is classified at level 4 in Mission Australia’s Enterprise Agreement.
This role is based in Mt Druitt but travel may be required so a Driver’s Licence is necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed…
You will be an experienced office administrator, ideally with experience in accounts administration/payroll also.
An excellent communicator, you will be someone who likes to think ahead and be prepared but also able to handle last-minute things.
Organisation and time management comes easily to you, and you take pride in efficiency.
You will be a great team player and understand the importance of contributing to the overall team objectives.
- Previous experience in administrative role
- Accounts Payable experience would be an advantage
- Competency using computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power-Point) etc.
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to prioritise your workload
- Attention to detail
- Senior First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- A Current Driver’s Licence
- A NSW Working with Children check (or willingness to obtain)
- Full COVID vaccination (or valid medical exemption)
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse and expect all employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
What you’ll get in return…
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support
If you have a lot of experience to share and have a passion for making a positive difference in people’s lives then we want to talk with you right away!
How to apply
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria along with your resume before the closing date.
Closing date: COB (5pm) Monday 15th August 2022
Before starting work with this employer, you will need to undertake a National Police History Check, Qualifications Verification and Referee Checks, and have a clearance to Work with Children/vulnerable people.
Please quote in application: Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing