About the organisation
ANCA is an independent not-for-profit artist-run initiative in Canberra providing affordable, professional studios and exhibition space for artists. There are 35 studio spaces leased to artists across two campuses at Dickson and Mitchell. Our Gallery presents a professional program of art exhibitions and events, supporting critical approaches to contemporary arts practice.
About the role
Australian National Capital Artists Inc (ANCA) seeks applications from suitably qualified and committed people to join its small team as its Business Development Manager (part time).
The Business Development Manager will fill a new role, based in the ACT, helping grow ANCA’s revenue and play a leading role in delivering our vision of facilitating a vibrant Canberra arts scene.
Working with the Chair, and/or Board, the Business Development Manager will:
- Lead ANCA’s strategic fundraising and revenue generation activities to drive support and engagement from high-value donors/audiences. This includes a focus on major donors, trusts, foundations, and partnerships with sponsors to establish, nurture and maximise all corporate, government and philanthropic opportunities.
- Source and complete all funding applications at local, state and federal levels, including the creation and management of a funding and acquittals calendar.
- Explore and develop other opportunities for revenue generation, such as retail activities.
The ideal candidate will have high level business development experience, particularly in the arts and/or creative industries. This includes achieving pre-set revenue targets, a track record of nurturing long-term business partnerships, and demonstrated success in funding applications and sponsorship programs.
ANCA offers market-based remuneration plus performance based pay, flexible working arrangements, leave entitlements, and the opportunity to create your future.
How to apply
If you enjoy a challenge and have what it takes to make a positive contribution to a very special place that makes a difference to diverse artists at all phases of their careers send:
- your detailed resume; and
- a cover letter explaining why you’re interested and what you can bring to ANCA;
to the Board Chair, Karen Lee, at email@example.com by 9am on 17/12/2023.
Please quote in application: Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.