About the organisation
Jacaranda Housing’s mission is to provide subsidised housing to people in need and provide direct assistance to people impacted by poverty and misfortune. The well-being of our residents is our priority, and we operate with kindness and compassion.
We manage 170 tenancies across Brisbane, Bayside, and the Redlands, with significant growth on the horizon.
About the role
You will manage a portfolio of properties and work closely with our valued residents. You will be responsible for all aspects of tenancy and property management. You will be part of a team that supports sustainable tenancies and will work closely with our stakeholders, who provide support services to our residents. Human Rights considerations are applied to decisions that impact a tenancy long-term.
- Competitive salary under the Social, Community,Home Care, and Disability Services Industry Award and additional benefits, including salary packaging.
About you You will bring passion, dedication, a strong client focus, and a commitment to our mission. You will be excellent at building strong relationships with residents, your colleagues, and our stakeholders. As part of our team, you will manage a diverse range of tasks in an organised, efficient, and flexible way. We are looking for someone who has experience in a similar role in real estate or community housing, including the following criteria:
- Sound working knowledge of QLD Residential Tenancies legislation and Community Housing policy;
- Demonstrated experience in tenancy and property management ;
- Demonstrated experience with Console, Chintaro, or similar;
- Strong skills in MS Office;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Ability to work with culturally diverse communities.
How to apply
If you think you are ready to join our team, send a cover letter of no more than two (2) pages detailing your ability to meet the above criteria and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a copy of the position description.
Applications close at 4.30 pm on 30th November 2023.
Please quote in application: Community Housing Officer via Pro Bono Australia.