About the organisation
Namultja Aboriginal Corporation is a newly formed organisation, on an exciting journey working with Marra people, to service the Marranbala Land and Sea Rangers.
We are dedicated to developing Indigenous land and sea management initiatives, including the implementation of the Marranbala Healthy Country Plan. Our country stretches along the coast and inland in the Limmen Bight area of the western Gulf of Carpentaria.
Together Marra are working with our partners as we build our capacity and resources, working to achieve our vision of getting Marra People onto and geared up, to look after our country.
About the role
Namultja Aboriginal Corporation is seeking a dynamic and experienced Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the organisation through its formative years. As a newly established entity, Namultja is committed to working with its partners to implement the Marranbala Healthy Country Plan and develop an Indigenous Ranger Program in the Limmen region, Northern Territory.
This is a unique opportunity for a visionary, hands-on leader to help shape the future of the organisation and contribute to the sustainable land and sea management of Marra country.
The CEO will play a pivotal role in building Marra corporate and resource capacity, engaging with the Marra community, and fostering successful partnerships. The primary objective is to enhance Namultja’s operational capabilities, facilitate workplace transitioning processes, and enable effective staffing, infrastructure, and resource acquisition.
Some of the key priorities for the role include:
- Consulting with the wider Marra community on cultural obligations and responsibilities for country.
- Establishing governance and collaboration arrangements with key partners for on-country management activities.
- Working with relevant entities to deliver services while building a Marra ranger group for long-term sustainability.
- Cultivating positive relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advocating for the value of Marra cultural and natural resource management activities.
The successful candidate will bring a combination of leadership, cultural sensitivity, strategic vision, commercial acumen, and a commitment to positive outcomes for the Marra community and Namultja Aboriginal Corporation.
Essential skills and experience for this role include:
- An Australian driver’s licence.
- Experience in managing significant projects or operations within an Aboriginal organisation.
- High cultural competency and effective communication with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills and experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a cross-cultural and multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in managing government grants, including budget development and management.
- Stakeholder management skills and community consultation experience.
- Resilience, flexibility, and a track record of achieving practical results.
- Ability to travel to remote locations for extended periods.
The following attributes will also be highly regarded:
- Experience living and working in remote Aboriginal communities.
- Skills in 4WD operation and manual vehicle operation.
- Significant professional experience and qualification in Natural and Cultural Resource Management, especially within the Indigenous estate
You will play a pivotal role in the sustainable land and sea management of Marra country, contributing to positive outcomes for the Marra community and the broader region.
This important and exciting new role will provide a unique, fulfilling, career development opportunity for the successful candidate.
The remuneration package includes:
- Salary of $130k + superannuation
- PBI salary packaging
- Fully-expensed vehicle
- The opportunity for remote travel on a regular basis
- Negotiable office base – Darwin, Katherine, or Gulf Communities
- Fixed-term contract to December 2026
How to apply
Please note to be eligible for this role you must be an Australian Citizen or have a valid Australian work visa, valid until at least December 2026 and we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
To register your interest, click the “Apply” button and submit your Resume and Cover Letter as soon as possible and at the latest, by Friday 23rd February 2024.
Namultja Aboriginal Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
To discuss this opportunity, or if you have questions, contact Tim O’Brien at Job Skills Network for a confidential discussion, on 0473 570023 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Conservation_and_Environment, #Indigenous