About the organisation
About the role
- Full time permanent position
- SCHCADS level 5 – 6 102,554.40 (depending on experience )plus super and salary packaging of $15,900 plus 2650 meals and entertainment
- Ex gratia days Easter & Christmas
We are looking for an engaging, confident & motivated person with excellent relationship-building and communication skills to be part of our Team of professional individuals who have a heart & passion for helping children & families.
The Foster Care Recruiter/Trainer will be responsible for identifying foster parents who will provide a safe, loving, therapeutic home to the children
Working with key internal stakeholders, this role leads the entire end-to-end foster carer journey; from marketing, enquiry, face-to-face and/or online screenings and information sessions, to stewardship, training, and supports the assessing of potential foster carers. The Foster Care Recruiter & Trainer holds a critical role in the TFCO model with a focus on carer recruitment and assessment , strengthening the benefit of the model to children and young people entering the model
Treatment Foster Care Oregon for Adolescents (TFCO-C) is an evidence-based treatment program that supports and treats young people with significant behavioral challenges. TFCO provides a high level of support and intervention to children and young people in a more natural setting – the home of an approved Foster Carer. The TFCO model contains several components such as: training and support for the foster carer/s, family therapy for the child young person’s parent/aftercare family; skills training for the child or young person; education support and case coordination.
An individualized treatment plan is developed for each young person in the program with goals that focus on improving their emotional and behavioural functioning; promoting positive educational outcomes; and building strong family relationships. A young person’s goals are met through close supervision, fair and consistent limits, predictable consequences, and supportive relationships with mentoring adults.
The Foster Care Recruiter and Trainer holds a critical role in the TFCO Model with a focus on carer recruitment and assessment, strengthening the benefit of the model to young people entering the program.
For more information see https://www.tfcoregon.com
What you will do:
· Be accountable for the recruitment, assessment and training of TFCO carers
· In conjunction with the national support office marketing and carer recruitment team, support the implementation of the recruitment strategy including the preparation and placement of local area recruitment initiatives
· Alongside the marketing and carer recruitment teams, hands-on deliver on the carer recruitment process from enquiry, face-to-face and/or online screenings and information sessions, to application, assessment interviews, paperwork, and checks
· Work closely alongside the TFCO Program Supervisor to anticipate, identify and ensure delivery of ongoing carer training and development
· Facilitate and deliver Foster Carer training
· Complete Foster Carer assessments
· Build and maintain relationship with foster carers as a partner to service delivery
· Maintain carer records and ensure foster care approval requirements are met for the duration of the partnership between carers and OzChild
· Maintain strong relationship with the child’s DCP Caseworker and office staff to enable carers to provide a safe and supportive environment for young people in need
· Ensure that carers and other household members have and maintain current child-related employment screening clearances and child protection checks
· Support and advocate for carers throughout their full foster care journey
· Identify themes to inform OzChild carer development strategy and curriculum
· Record and update outcomes and data management systems to ensure program quality and participate in continuous improvement to identify performance trends, best practices, and opportunities for improvement.
· Participate in 24 hour on call roster as required, alongside other team members
· Conducts structured telephone interviews with foster carers on program behaviours and foster family stress (Parent Daily Report PDR) five days per week
· Develop good working relationships with Aboriginal lead agencies to ensure cultural safety in our practice and good outcomes for aboriginal children and young people.
· Maintain stakeholder relationship with referral (carer referrals) sources. Coordinate service within agency and with other community providers
· Participate in building a strong team that is built on inclusiveness and respectfulness operating with a high level of professional management in a complex and demanding environment
· Be accountable to the performance outcomes of the program you are responsible for and ensure they are being met
· Ensure you are compliant with Quality, WHS and Risk Management systems for the program
Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or a relevant discipline that is recognised in Australia.
Desirable – Step by Step accreditation certificate/Cert IV in Training & Assessment
Full time permanent position
SCHCADS level 5 – 6 102,554.40 (depending on experience )plus super and salary packaging of $15,900 plus 2650 meals and entertainment
Ex gratia days Easter & Christmas
A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
A collaborative and cohesive working culture
For further details in regards to this position please see attached Position Description for your perusal . For any enquiries in regard to the role please contact Liz Abdilla 0499 655 939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples’ cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and provide all safety screening for Queensland
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Foster Care Recruiter & Trainer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Employment_Services