About the organisation
At NSW Trustee & Guardian, we protect, promote and support the rights, dignity, choices and wishes of our customers. Whether we are writing a Will, acting as an executor, attorney, trustee, guardian, or financial manager, we are here for critical moments in our customers’ lives. Join our dedicated NSW Government agency and make a difference in the lives of over 47,000 people each year.
Our commitment to diversity
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences, and abilities. This includes women, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
About the role
- Ongoing. 35 hours per week.
- Location: Customer Specialist Centre, Surry Hills. Flexible and hybrid working options available.
- Clerk Grade: 9/10 Level. Base salary $120,859 to $133,183 plus super and annual leave loading.
About the team
The Estate Management Division makes financial and legal decisions for people who are unable to on their own, or with support, when NSW Trustee & Guardian is appointed as their financial manager by a court or tribunal. The team also oversees people who are appointed to privately manage the finances of another person. The division delivers high-quality financial management service using a customer-centred approach and is delivered by:
- Customer Foundation
- Customer Independence and Support
- Private Management
- Proactive Customer Management
- Customer Specialist Centre
About the role
The Manager of our Proactive Customer Management Team 4 is responsible for supporting and coaching a high performing frontline team to deliver consistent, high-quality financial management services in a face-to-face setting to high-needs vulnerable customers. This role will see you drive and deliver customer-focused strategic collaboration with internal and external stakeholders through dynamic operational systems and ongoing quality control. Your teams will manage a specific cohort of customers across NDIS, YPIRAC, regional homelessness and aged care sectors.
For more information about the position, view the role description.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience leading and managing teams to achieve high levels of performance, delivering excellent customer service to customers with disability and whom may be vulnerable, while meeting organisational outcomes.
- Will inspire and manage a culture focusing on continuing development and learning within the team to support staff to provide “best practice” customer service.
- Has the ability to provide strategic advice as part of the Estate Management Leadership Team to support effective decision making and support effective business planning and initiatives.
- Can collaborate with professional practice leaders, managers, and staff across the business to continually build responsive and high-quality practice standards and capabilities including establishing and actively managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships based on open, regular discussions and feedback to ensure effective interface between Estate Management, Estate Administration & Planning, Public Guardian staff and other teams.
- Can contribute to developing, reviewing, and implementing policies, procedures relating to Financial Management, and systems to effectively manage and improve the delivery of customer and support services. Ensure Estate Management staff maintain knowledge of legislation, protocols, and processes to ensures work practices are of the highest quality.
- Will manage and support delivery of services in line with the annual financial management budget, applying the principles of NSW Trustee & Guardian Act 2009, and the National Standards for Financial Managers.
- Will support the team to manage and respond to customer feedback, including managing complaints, which at times may be complex and undertake investigations and reviews to ensure all decision making is compliant with legislation, policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards, ensuring outcomes are communicated and documented.
- Will contribute to the management and governance of customer records and data, ensuring accurate records for customer onboarding that aligns with performance indicators, and enables effective reporting.
Sound like you? We would love to hear from you!
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills for the delivery of services in a complex human services customer environment and sound strategic thinking capacity, management and administrative skills.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience in human services or related discipline
- Understanding of NSW Trustee & Guardian’s key services and customer base including experience working and/or supporting people with disability, vulnerable or older people.
- Available to travel throughout NSW.
- Willingness to have phone calls and team email accounts monitored for quality assurance and training purposes, and to participate in one to one review sessions for calls and emails.
What we offer
NSW Trustee & Guardian offers interesting, challenging and rewarding work that has real purpose.
Other benefits of joining us include:
- work-life balance with flexible work options (working from different work locations, variable start/finish times, job sharing)
- various leave options (recreation, parental, and flex leave of up to 24 days per year)
- career development including study leave and acting opportunities
- access to Fitness Passport and employee assistance program, and annual flu vaccinations
Be part of something bigger. For more information about joining us, visit the Careers page on our website.
How to apply
To apply for this role:
- complete the online application
- submit a resume (maximum five pages) and brief cover letter (maximum two pages) outlining your skills, experience and suitability for this role.
Read: writing your job application for tips with the application process.
For enquiries about the role, please contact Matthew Mullane, Senior Manager, Proactive Customer Management at email@example.com.
For enquiries about the recruitment process, please contact Lisa Smith, Talent Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not send your applications directly via email or LinkedIn. Only applications submitted via the online portal will be accepted.
- Offers of employment will be subject to reference checks and relevant clearances.
- A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for 18-months.
- If you would like to request a reasonable adjustment in the recruitment process, please contact People and Culture via email: email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Manager – Proactive Customer Management via Pro Bono Australia.