About the role
- Experience in using Xero, preparing payroll, BAS and financial reports
- Ability to work within a small team and with volunteers
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- High level computer literacy, including experience and thorough knowledge of electronic office products, and financial and administrative databases
- Knowledge and understanding of social enterprise activity
- A strong commitment to social justice and human rights, particularly refugee and asylum seeker rights, and an understanding of the challenges facing refugees and asylum seekers
Key responsibility areas:
- Enter income and payments into Xero
- Generate invoices
- Process payments
- Prepare and pay work cover and superannuation
- End-of-month balances
- Reports as required
- Prepare and lodge BAS quarterly
- Assist CEO and Treasurer to prepare budgets and financial reports for funding bodies and submissions
- Prepare end-of-year accounts for audit
Please note: this position requires a valid WWCC
About the organisation
Friends of Refugees is an independent not-for-profit organisation which has responded to the world’s worst humanitarian crisis and helps to create a positive future for people seeking asylum and refugees in Australia.
Founded in early 2013, Friends of Refugees Inc. (FOR) has developed as a practical response to address the complexities and changing needs of people seeking asylum and refugees in Victoria by filling the service gaps that other funded organisations do not meet. Friends of Refugees has become a central source of first-line relief for people seeking asylum in Melbourne’s south-east. The ranges of services we provide include material aid, food aid, education support, job training and resettlement programs. Our office in Dandenong operates as a drop-in centre which provides a welcoming and safe environment for people in desperate need.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Book Keeper via Pro Bono Australia.