About the role
The CoM’s primary responsibilities are the governance and sustainability of Latitude, as well as strategic, fiduciary and monitoring functions. Therefore, as a member of CoM your responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that Latitude remains a viable and effective organisation, and to secure its long-term future.
- Providing leadership in, and remaining focused upon, the development of the Latitude’s organisational purpose, strategic direction and priorities.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the aims, goals and objectives as articulated in the Strategic Plan are aligned with the organisational purpose, strategic direction and priorities of the Centre and that they are met.
- Monitoring performance in relation to operational management and ensuring that it is effective and accountable in all aspects, including financial accountability, legal compliance, and industrial relations requirements.
- Submitting relevant reports and financial statements to government regulators, as required.
- Approving and monitoring CoM level policies.
- Appointing the Manager.
About the organisation
Latitude has been operating within the Hobsons Bay and Moonee Valley Areas going back prior to the local council mergers of 1994-96. Whilst Latitude might have looked and named differently when under the guise of Baywest Youth Housing Group and Essendon Youth Accommodation Group, it still operated then under the same ethos as it does today.
Latitude is operated by a small professional team of outreach workers and a General Manager with 20+years’ experience in the community sector. The team’s focus is to end young people’s experience of homelessness and create a safe space where they belong.
How to apply
Submit your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role and why you think you would be a good fit. We will review applications over the next weeks and interview applicants.
Formal appointment to the position following this process in line with scheduled Latitude meetings.
Applications close: May 27th 2022
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Secretary Graeme Reilly email@example.com
Please quote in application: Committe Member via Pro Bono Australia.