About the role
The Iceolation Program operates every Saturday fortnight with groceries purchased from local IGAs and delivered by Volunteers across the western, northern, and eastern suburbs. The people accessing this service range from singles, couples, people with disabilities, young families to the elderly. Iceolation addresses food security issues whilst providing a medium for connecting with people who may have a roof over their heads but are struggling to make ends meet.
What you’ll do
As a Delivery Driver you will:
• Have your own vehicle to complete deliveries.
• Book in your delivery day and region ahead of the Saturday.
• On the Saturday:
o Have a copy of the route delivery sheet;
o Have confirmed the contact details of your fellow volunteer Delivery Driver;
o Arrive at the designated IGA store on the Saturday morning at the required time e.g. 9:30am;
o Load up groceries in either one or two vehicles;
o Complete deliveries on the designated route;
o Report back to the Iceolation Program Manager on any recipient information/updates relevant to future deliveries.
• Be willing and able to engage in conversation with recipients because it’s not just about delivering groceries!
• 2-2.5 hours on a Saturday morning – variable depending on region/route (9.00/9:30am-11:30am/12.00pm).
We can offer you
• An organisation focused on volunteer wellbeing;
• An engaging and social team culture;
• Volunteer Mental Health and Awareness Training.
Why you’re right for 300:
• You’re someone who is passionate and dedicated to supporting people in our community;
• Good English language skills;
• Ability to work and coordinate with other people.
Mandatory Requirements include:
• Working with Children Check;
• Current Victorian Drivers’ License.
About the organisation
300 Blankets is a not for profit, volunteer-run charity, dedicated to supporting people experiencing or at risk of homelessness in Victoria through three service Programs: Outreach, Soul Kitchen and Iceolation. By reaching out to people who are disenfranchised and socially isolated, we strive to break down barriers and enrich a community where all people are accepted and respected through compassion and dignity.
How to apply
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Delivery Driver - Home Outreach via Pro Bono Australia.