About the role
What you’ll do
As the Night Leader you will be required to:
Prior to the Sunday:
• Liaise with the Volunteer Manager in the week prior to the night to confirm Volunteer numbers and determine who will be the available Kitchen Leader for the evening.
• Liaise with the Kitchen Leader to determine the menu for the evening as well as ingredients required for purchase.
• Liaise with the Volunteer Manager to confirm who will collect donated items for the evening including food stuffs and material aid.
On the Sunday:
• Coordinate collection of all items from the designated storage facility and their transport to the venue.
• Conduct a Volunteer briefing at the start of the night to address any issues from the previous week as well as introducing new volunteers.
• Take a roll of attendees and induct new volunteers to the site.
• Coordinate and manage all Volunteers throughout the night; liaise with the Kitchen Leader throughout the evening.
• Monitor wellbeing of volunteer and guests throughout the evening.
• Open the doors to the venue for guests at the designated time.
• Attend to any near misses or incidents as well as taking the lead in any dispute resolution.
• Manage and oversee the pack-up and cleaning of the facility.
• Conduct a de-briefing session at the end of the night.
• Coordinate transport of all materials and items back to storage.
• Communicate any issues and information to the Program Manager.
• Management of at least 12 nights across a 12-month period.
• 5 hours per Sunday night managed.
We can offer you
• An organisation focused on volunteer wellbeing;
• An engaging and social team culture;
• Mandatory training including:
o First Aid Training Level – HLTAID003.
o Working with Children Check.
o Mental Health First Aid.
o Food Handling Training.
Why you’re right for 300:
You’re someone who:
• Has exceptional people management skills.
• Is an excellent and confident verbal communicator.
• Is a confident leader.
• Is OHS conscious and/or trained.
• Able to adhere to, implement (and adapt) established procedures.
• An unwavering belief and conviction in serving others and doing so in a compassionate and empathetic manner; a passionate humanitarian.
About the organisation
How to apply
Email your application to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Soul Kitchen Night Manager via Pro Bono Australia.