About the role
We’re looking for a fun and enthusiastic Administration and Project Support Volunteer to join our Fitzroy team!
Based in Fitzroy, the Connie Benn Centre is an integrated service supports children and their families living in the local community. Owned and managed by Yarra City Council, the centre is a welcoming space for people from all cultural and social backgrounds. The Connie Benn Community Team is based at this centre and provides services including support for playgroups, school students and parents.
The Administration and Project Support volunteer will join a vibrant, diverse and fun team, and provide assistance to the Connie Benn Community Team and its broader network of community, family and children’s programs. The Connie Benn Community Team is part of the Children’s Programs unit at the Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL).
What will I do?
The Administration and Project Support role will focus on assisting with administrative tasks, with opportunity to support projects across several Connie Benn initiatives. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Connie Benn team with participant communication and engagement, including greeting participants on arrival, phone calls and emails
- Support participants with registration forms and sign in sheets
- General data entry and minute-taking
- Support the development of program resources, including flyers
- Operational duties including set-up and pack-up for meetings and workshops
- Provide basic office IT support to mentorship program staff
- Provide inventory of resources such as arts and craft, stationary etc
- Offer support our school programs in the local area, as required
- Represent the Connie Benn Community Team spirit through your enthusiasm, pro-activity and fun attitude
- Other duties as required.
All role-specific training will be provided by BSL. Volunteers will also need to complete the appropriate COVID training prior to starting in the role.
We are looking for someone with:
- Commitment and interest in working with people from diverse cultural communities
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate and interact well with multicultural and diverse communities
- Demonstrated administration and database experience
- Confident computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team environment
- Commitment to the objectives and ongoing development of the program
- Enthusiasm, demonstrated pro-activity and a sound can-do attitude
- Understanding of and commitment to the values of BSL
We are especially keen to involve someone who:
- Speaks Vietnamese, Amharic or Mandarin
- Has lived experience as a migrant, refugee or asylum seeker
About the organisation
How to apply
For a full position description, click here.
Already a BSL Volunteer and want to apply?
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
New to BSL? Apply via this link: http://bttr.im/5aaqm
Questions? Email email@example.com
Please quote in application: Administration and Project Support (Connie Benn Centre) via Pro Bono Australia.