About the role
It goes without saying that this amazing event is only made possible by the invaluable support of wonderful volunteers. Behind the scenes, volunteers assist with setting up the course and event village, getting our walkers underway from the start and supporting them on the course and at drink stations before welcoming walkers back at the finish line. You bring an amazing atmosphere to the event and make the magic happen in the event village and on course.
- Event Set-up: Work closely with the event crew to transform Jells Park to a wonderful event area.
- Parking: Greet people on arrival. Help them find their way around and park safely in the designated areas.
- Registrations: Greet and check-in walkers on arrival and hand out their bibs.
- Course Marshal: Create a fun, friendly and safe event atmosphere and support walkers on the course.
- Activities: Bring the event to life and assist at activities at the Kids Zone or Tribute Wall.
- Start Line/Finish Line: ensure everybody comes together in their allocated time wave and are ready to walk to help children walk. Celebrate walker’s achievement and at the finish line and direct them to activities in the event village.
The average shift duration is 4-5 hours, the event takes place from 8am – 1pm on Sunday 3 March. You can easily choose your preferred shift time and role after filling out the registration form.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: The Walk for Monash Children’s Hospital - Event Volunteers via Pro Bono Australia.