About the role
The IT Support Volunteer fulfills an internal support role at BZE, providing expert advice and support. The types of tasks the IT Support volunteer may be asked to help with include:
- Reviewing our current systems, software and hardware to ensure we have robust and appropriate technology in place to power our work;
- IT risk assessment and remediation;
- Drafting appropriate RFP / Request for Proposals for outsourced IT services, hardware or software;
- Developing simple training materials for new staff to support onboarding with BZE IT systems.
We’re seeking a skilled volunteer with:
- A strong background and demonstrated work history as an IT manager for an organisation
- Experience, working knowledge or ability to pick up any of BZE’s systems is preferable for this role:
- Google Workspace
This is a desk-based project that can be completed from anywhere in Australia – however if you’re based in Melbourne, you’re welcome to join us at our office in East Melbourne, next to Parliament House.
About the organisation
Beyond Zero Emissions is an independent think tank. We show how Australia can prosper in a zero emissions economy through ambitious research, influential engagement, and compelling communications.
We publish credible, non-partisan research on emissions reduction pathways that unlock economic, environmental and social benefits for industries, regions and communities.
We combine expert research with deep industry engagement - and showcase real-world examples in regional communities to influential leaders.
We build public understanding for a zero emissions future that's in our individual, economic and national interests. This includes popularising the benefits of decarbonisation, as well as solutions that address key concerns in cities and regions currently economically-reliant on fossil fuels.
Beyond Zero Emissions is the only Australian think tank powered by a wide network of volunteers that willingly give their expertise in engineering, science, economics, business, finance and communications to create climate solutions alongside our expert staff.
How to apply
Please contact our People & Culture manager, Madeline Townsend, for more information or to apply for this role:
0404 828 903
Please quote in application: IT Support via Pro Bono Australia.