About the role
Due to increased workload and enquiries, as well as ill health among our volunteers, we are looking for an individual who can assist us as an Admin Officer.
As an Admin Officer you will be responsible for assisting with a portion of our incoming and outgoing enquiries and correspondence, as well as providing excellent and helpful customer service. The enquiries will be related to:
- Requests for information
- Event or seminar enquiries
- Membership applications and enquiries
- Fundraising or donation enquiries
This is an easy and light role, with minimal burden or stress for the right person. Strong customer service and communication skills, as well as proficiency with cloud based services and computers is a must.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
This position is an unpaid pro bono or volunteer position. You will be contributing to helping us make a difference in the lives of others, while gaining career experience, and may also receive a Letter of Recommendation to assist you in your future career aspirations. The role might assist someone who is looking to add experience to their resume, or with a casual or part time job and looking to find something new to do outside of that.
Hours are estimated to be 1 hour per day, or 5 hours per week. There are no set working days or hours. This role is online-based, so you can hop online when you have some time to contribute, although we ask that there be no more than a 3 day gap between being online to assist, if possible, to ensure timely correspondence.
This is an online based role.
We have an office in Nedlands which you are welcome to commute to and work in for 1 or 2 days a week.
Responsibilities / Tasks
Front end communications
- Provide customer service via email and phone.
- Respond to emails and enquiries.
- Check phone message bank.
- Take and return phone calls.
- Assist with social media comments and messages.
General admin and record keeping
- Data entry, such as CRM.
- Keep records and notes of activities and actions taken, in accordance with our record keeping procedures and requests.
- Create, edit, and file documents.
- Drafting templates, responses, and materials for correspondence, materials, and information packages, as needed.
- Web research on various topics as needed.
- Scanning and printing, as needed.
- Other light administrative tasks, as needed or where you wish to assist.
- Compassion and understanding for those with a chronic illness or disability.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Proficiency with cloud based services and computers is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal english for emails and phone calls.
- Good reading, writing, and research skills.
- Accurate record keeping skills.
- Experience with data entry and management.
- Fast learner and proficient with cloud-based software.
- MS Office suite skills.
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to email@example.com using the subject line: Admin Officer Application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Admin Officer via Pro Bono Australia.