About the role
ABOUT UN WOMEN AUSTRALIA:
A global champion for women and girls, UN Women is the United Nations entity responsible for promoting women’s empowerment and gender equality and was established to accelerate progress to meet the needs of women and girls worldwide.
UN Women Australia exists to raise funds for and awareness of UN Women’s work in the Pacific and around the world.
In March of each year, UN Women Australia facilitates six (6) major International Women’s Day events around the country, attended by more than 8,000 men and women from across the corporate sector, government and the community. UN Women Australia also supports hundreds of community IWD events around the country.
With additional events scheduled for 2020, UN Women Australia has an opportunity for an intern to gain university or tertiary institution course credit through assisting with delivery of these events.
The role of the Administration and Events intern involves providing critical administrative and event support to our team, as well as helping us to grow our supporter base throughout International Women’s Day. The intern gains valuable experience including, but not limited to:
- Experience in a non-profit organisation and working within a small dynamic team
- Learn new skills in fundraising, events and supporter communications
- Understanding of key themes of UN Women and UN Women’s approach to achieving gender equality
- Enhanced professional communication skills through phone, email and letter writing
- Personal development in areas of interest to the intern
- Course credit from their university or tertiary institution
- The opportunity to attend one or more of the IWD events
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0261850010
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Administration & Events Intern via Pro Bono Australia.