About the Role
The School of St Jude is a 100% charity-funded education institution that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
We are currently seeking applications from resourceful and enthusiastic individuals who wish to make difference at The School of St Jude.
The successful applicant will be responsible for communicating and updating sponsors of the Form 6 graduates with updates about what they are doing during their Community Service Year and also their tertiary years afterwards.
To help communicate with potential supporters who are interested in financing the Beyond St Jude’s program.
Following communication plans and creating engaging content so that sponsors are updated about their sponsor student’s progress whilst in their Community Service Year and Tertiary studies.
Updating promotional materials about Beyond St Jude’s (in print and online).
Maintaining accurate database records in respect to each student and their sponsor.
Collecting information for updates via government schools and university visits adhering to strict annual workflow.
Constantly reviewing communication and investigate ways to improve quality and sponsor engagement potential.
Work with the other members of the Beyond St Jude’s team.
To perform any other duties as requested by Founder/your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Competence:
• Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or any relevant course
• Good computer skills
• Excellent written English, oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to write engaging content for supporters of the program
• Photography and videography experience desirable
• Strong presentation skills
• Organizational skills, good time management and ability to work independently.
To Be a Successful St Jude International Staff Member, you will need to:
• Be flexible, open-minded, and tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country.
• Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
• Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and international volunteers.
• Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges.
What we can offer you!
• On-Site Accommodation is available!
• Mid-Morning Tea & Lunch (during working days)
• Monthly Salary
• Medical Insurance is provided
• Two weeks paid Christmas holiday in addition to 28 annual leave
How to Apply:
Complete the following:
• A cover letter (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/BSJ/04/17
• Up to date Curriculum Vitae
• A completed Application form DOC
• Email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Apply by 30th September 2017, SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER.
If this sounds like you then St Jude needs you!
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
HR Department-School of St Jude
Phone : 0755106058
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Beyond St Jude’s Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.