About the role
- Act as a Director of Solve-TAD in the best interest of the Company with honesty and good faith towards its clients, volunteers, members, employees, funding agencies, sponsors and the community within which Solve-TAD operates.
- Use personal and professional skills, contacts, experience and judgement, acting with integrity and independence to optimise the short and long-term performance of Solve-TAD.
- Provide input, advice and guidance on projects and act as a sounding board on potential issues.
- Attend all Board meetings called during the year, unless prevented by exceptional circumstances. Attend the Annual General Meeting and such other Extraordinary General Meetings as may be necessary.
- Act as an “ambassador” for Solve-TAD.
- Participate in fundraising activity for Solve-TAD (e.g. Ready Set Move)
- Serve on committees and take on special tasks as required.
- Keep up to date with developments in the disability sector.
- Attend organisational and staff events as required.
The Board of Directors meets monthly via videoconference and physically present in Melbourne CBD, Sydney CBD and Northmead locations. Each meeting will usually be for 2 to 3 hours in duration and pre-reading of reports and materials will be required.
Directors may also serve on committees, take on special tasks and are expected to attend organisational and staff events from time to time.
It is preferred that each member of the Board commits to a minimum 2-year term.
About the organisation
Solve Disability Solutions (VIC) and TAD (NSW) have recently merged to become Solve-TAD Limited, a for-purpose registered NDIS Provider, whose mission is to change the lives of people living with disability by providing personalised technology, equipment and services. This merger brings together a workforce of over 250 technically skilled volunteers, therapists and support staff and enables us to improve outcomes for more people with disability across both states and build on the reputation gained over our 45 years of service delivery.
Solve-TAD offers a person-centred service that increases independence and participation across all life-domains. Our team are passionate about “clever ideas, changing lives”. Together, we assist over 1,000 people each year across Victoria and NSW to achieve their goals.
How to apply
Please forward a resume with an Expression of Interest to Dr Anthony Lowe, Chief Executive Officer and Company Secretary (E: email@example.com). Feel free to email with any questions you have, or Anthony can be contacted directly on 0404 853 062.
Please quote in application: Board (Director) via Pro Bono Australia.