About the role
In accepting their positions, Board members undertake to provide sound governance and effective leadership to the organisation by ensuring that the organisation has:
- Clear strategic directions and achievable plans in line with its purpose and values
- Adequate resources to carry out its work
- Competent personnel
- An effective policy framework to guide its work, implement its plans and meet its obligations
- Adequate internal controls to ensure sound financial management, risk management and legal compliance
- Adequate internal accountability mechanisms to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and to monitor organisational performance
The Board will be accountable to the membership ensuring that the organisation produces results, remains solvent and complies with all its legal, financial and ethical obligations.
The Board will provide direction through policy and oversight for the senior staff who will implement the decisions of the Board.
About the organisation
The Parks Community Network (PCN) is a registered not-for-profit charitable organisation which was founded in 1993. Parks operates in the region comprising of Fairfield, Liverpool, Canterbury/Bankstown, and Cumberland Local Government areas.
Over its 28 year history PCN has increased significantly in size and scope of activities and currently receives funding from a range of sources including local, state and federal government departments, clubs and donations.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Board Member via Pro Bono Australia.