About the role
Are you an experienced professional prepared to volunteer some time to a community centre, Board of Management?
South Kingsville Community Centre are seeking interest from individuals that can demonstrate the following core competenceis: Risk Managment, Financial literacy Strategic Expertise, or Event planning.
The meetings are held once a month on a Monday evening a 6:30pm. We are a Non-Profit organisation. The Board is entrusted to ensure that the organisation is soundly managed and adheres to its purpose under its constitution.
BOARD MEMBER EXPECTATIONS:
- Diligently serve the interests of the organisation
- Maintain a high standard of integrity required for an NFP organisation
- Maintain confidentiality about sensitive issues
- Participate in discussions regarding new projects and activities
- Attend and actively participate in the work of the Board
- Read agendas, papers and consider issues prior to Board Meetings
- Declare any conflicts of interest and participate in the Board independent of affiliation with any other organisation
- Read and understand the organisation’s financial statements, and otherwise assist the Board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities
- Participate in discussion regarding funding and grant opportunities
- Ensure the organisation is able to meet its debts as they fall due
- Consider, debate, and vote on issues before the Board on the basis of the best interests of the organisation only
- Support majority decisions of the Boards
- Take an active role in any fundraising or community engagement activities
- Maintain independence and objectivity, and act in a fair and ethical manner and with integrity in all matters
The centre strongly supports the Child Safe Standards and all new board members must be prepared to undertake a Police Check and Working with Children Check. To learn more about our centre please visit www.skcc.net.au
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Board of Management via Pro Bono Australia.