About the Role
Are you an experienced professional prepared to volunteer some time to a community centre, Board of Management?
South Kingsville Community Centre are seeking interest from individuals that can demonstrate the following core competenceis: Risk Managment, Financial literacy Strategic Expertise, or Event planning.
The meetings are held once a month on a Monday evening a 6:30pm. We are a Non-Profit organisation. The Board is entrusted to ensure that the organisation is soundly managed and adheres to its purpose under its constitution.
BOARD MEMBER EXPECTATIONS:
- Diligently serve the interests of the organisation
- Maintain a high standard of integrity required for an NFP organisation
- Maintain confidentiality about sensitive issues
- Participate in discussions regarding new projects and activities
- Attend and actively participate in the work of the Board
- Read agendas, papers and consider issues prior to Board Meetings
- Declare any conflicts of interest and participate in the Board independent of affiliation with any other organisation
- Read and understand the organisation’s financial statements, and otherwise assist the Board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities
- Participate in discussion regarding funding and grant opportunities
- Ensure the organisation is able to meet its debts as they fall due
- Consider, debate, and vote on issues before the Board on the basis of the best interests of the organisation only
- Support majority decisions of the Boards
- Take an active role in any fundraising or community engagement activities
- Maintain independence and objectivity, and act in a fair and ethical manner and with integrity in all matters
The centre strongly supports the Child Safe Standards and all new board members must be prepared to undertake a Police Check and Working with Children Check. To learn more about our centre please visit www.skcc.net.au
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0393993000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board of Management via Pro Bono Australia.