About the Role
Our small charity is seeking a pro-bono bookkeeper to offer ongoing support to our Treasurer and organisation.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
This position is an unpaid pro bono or volunteer position. You will be contributing to helping us make a difference in the lives of others, while gaining career experience, and may also receive a Letter of Recommendation to assist you in your future career aspirations.
We are using MYOB’s cloud-based AccountRight Live software and other online collaboration tools. Tasks are carried out from home (or another location of your choice) with a secure computer and internet connection. Hours are estimated to be between 1 to 5 hours per fortnight and there are no set working hours.
Assisting the Treasurer, or being delegated tasks, in the below:
- Entering payment information and generating receipts for clients, members, and donors.
- Reconciling bank statements and checking for errors.
- Entering transactions and data into (cloud-based) AccountRight Live.
- Generating financial reports and summaries.
- Generating graphs and charts.
- Providing advice and knowledge to the Treasurer and assisting with ‘how to’ guides.
- Bookkeeping or accounting certification.
- Excellent accuracy and mathematical skills.
- Ability to learn cloud-based accounting software functions where needed.
- Secure and private computer and internet access (either from home or another location of your choosing).
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Pro bono Bookkeeper Application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Bookkeeper via Pro Bono Australia.