About the Role
Are you IPEd’s next Business Intern? Read on for a unique and rewarding opportunity.
Please note: this role will operate 100% online and does not require a specific physical location. You will need a reliable internet connection and hardware (PC, laptop) with the ability to attend occasional videoconferences (via Zoom) if required.
The Institute of Professional Editors Limited (IPEd) is the professional association for editors in Australia and New Zealand (with members based around the world). It exists to advance the profession of editing and to support and promote editors.
IPEd coordinates initiatives that benefit editors by:
- managing the accreditation scheme
- sponsoring the biennial conference
- organising professional development
- raising the profile of editors and the value they add to all forms of written communication
- sponsoring awards for excellence in editing
- maintaining and promoting Australian standards for editing practice.
Development of a database that includes:
- all publishers in Australia and New Zealand and contact details
- all universities in Australia and New Zealand and contact details
- all government (federal and state) agencies that have communications units or departments in Australia and New Zealand
Learning opportunities and benefits
- Gain direct experience in supporting marketing and member acquisition
- Work with a supportive and welcoming team of professionals that will include IPEd’s CEO, Membership Officer and Corporate Services Officer
- Develop knowledge of the business requirements and actions of a growing and active not for profit organisation that provides member services to a member base that provides editing services across most industry types and sectors
- On completion of the project, access to a free career development consultation and resume edit/re-write donated to IPEd to support interns
- Access to professional referees and a written reference (pending successful performance)
- Potential for experience in other business areas.
Please see the attached position description for full details and application instructions.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Business internship with the Institute of Professional Editors via Pro Bono Australia.