About the role
Project Didi Australia is looking for a volunteer to take the lead in designing, implementing and evaluating their #SomethingForSlavery campaign.
Applications close Monday 27 July, 9am AEST.
This exciting role will suit someone with plenty of initiative, who enjoys the challenge of being innovative, grappling with some ambiguity, and is passionate about growing and strengthening a movement to end slavery!
Project Didi’s #SomethingForSlavery inspires action to end modern slavery through our voices and everyday actions.
The 2020 campaign, in partnership with Australian NGO Be Slavery Free, calls on T2 to commit to a living wage for tea workers in Assam. Workers in Assam currently receive around AU$0.06 per 100g of bagged black tea, while T2 sells the equivalent for AU$12. Low wages are directly linked to human trafficking and modern slavery. Trapped in poverty with limited future prospects, workers are vulnerable to traffickers’ deceptive offers.
The campaign is in its third month and is gaining traction! T2’s CEO has responded and we’ve met with T2’s parent company, Unilever, to progress the campaign concerns.
THE VOLUNTEER ROLE
- Take the lead on a campaign tackling one of the greatest human rights challenges of our time: modern slavery.
- Work closely with the Project Didi board to progress the campaign strategy and develop creative and impactful ways to achieve its goals.
- Pursue opportunities to expand the campaign’s reach and engagement.
- Manage the campaign’s social media and communications, taking the lead on developing all campaign content.
- Track and report on the campaign’s engagement and outcomes.
- Join a growing team of 20+ volunteers, based all over Australia.
Find out more about the role in the attached position description.
TIME COMMITMENT: 5-6 hours a week, for a minimum of 6 months. Ideally, the role will start in August.
APPLY: Please submit your CV and a maximum 1 page cover letter to email@example.com.
QUESTIONS? Contact Board Member, Clare Bartram: firstname.lastname@example.org; +61474 891 726 (also contactable on WhatsApp).
We are strengthened by the diversity of our team at Project Didi Australia. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that all team members are able to fulfill the essential functions of their roles.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Campaign Manager, #SomethingForSlavery via Pro Bono Australia.