About the role
Listen Up Music is a music and mental health organisation dedicated to empowering musicians to practise positive mental health. We run music-based events and education programs across Australia, and we have a need for a volunteer Communications Specialist to help connect our messaging with a broader audience.
In order to excel in this position, you will need to demonstrate
- A desire to have a positive impact in the music industry
- The ability to develop and execute communications and PR strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate ideas on complex and sensitive topics regarding mental health
- Experience with the Google suite
- Experience writing press releases, EDMs
- Pre-existing relationships with potential media partners is also desired.
About the role:
- Develop and implement a communications strategy with an emphasis on writing press releases and email marketing material
- Work in collaboration with our existing social media and content volunteers
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the Listen Up Music’s policies, principles and strategies, and to keep up-to-date with relevant developments.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with our charity ambassadors, journalists and key external media figures.
- Degree or postgraduate qualifications in marketing or communications
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Communications Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.