About the Role
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for volunteers to join our National Communications Team to help shift the narrative about climate change and fossil fuels in Australia. You will create a broad range of products for social media and the AYCC website, keeping across current climate news and online trends/memes. We are also looking for people to monitor climate related media to track narrative shifts across our campaigns.
You can work from the Melbourne office, or from anywhere in the country, connected via Slack and Zoom.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create quality social media content
- Be part of creative brainstorms for campaigns and programs
- Monitor media trends
- Manage and evaluate data
- Write blogs and op-eds
- Take photos and videos at actions
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to communicate climate change effectively
- How to get the sweet likes on social media
- Skills in campaigning and advocacy
- Excellent written communication skills
- Interest in digesting daily media
- Experience with digital platforms – social media, databases, web management
- Online campaigning
- Know a good meme when you see one
- Passionate about solving the climate crisis
If you don’t have all the skills/experience listed above – please still apply! We’re looking for a passionate, dedicated and quick-learning young person to fill this role, and there will be plenty of on-the-job learning opportunities. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people, LGBTIQA young people, and young people of colour to apply.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0422636775
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Communications Team Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.