About the role
Our Contract Lawyer will oversee the initial creation of all contract types need for our organisation. They’ll ensure legal compliance, and assist the Executive Officer with setting official contract strategies. We need someone with a thorough understanding of a variety of contracts, including employment agreements, publications, nondisclosure agreements, consignments, contractor, and consulting. All of our contracts should be in line with our larger company goals and philosophies while mitigating risk whenever possible. We need them to find a compromise that will benefit the company as much as it benefits the signee. May provide advice in other areas of legal practice where necessary.
- Devise and document contract strategy in line with our company values
- Develop a variety of contracts to fit business needs
- Ensure contracts comply with all federal and state regulations
- Negotiate contract terms and review financial viability
- Train managers and Management Committee Members in contract policies
- Draft additional legal documentation as needed
- Review contract terms and update them to fit legal needs or new company policies
- Research new contract laws and ensure total compliance
- Minimum of one year in contract law
- Experience drafting a variety of legal documentation
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent writing skills
- Comfortable working with minimal level of legal understanding
- Ability to explain complex contract laws in everyday language
About the organisation
The Geography Teachers' Association of Victoria Inc. (GTAV) is a not-for-profit, member-based professional teaching association that assists geography teachers in Victorian schools. Through our programs and services, we aim to promote geography, geographical education and their importance to society.
We are a small supportive and friendly team, committed to geographical education. We deeply value and appreciate the contribution of our volunteers and staff to our mission.
How to apply
Phone inquiries are most welcome at any time to accommodate your working hours. Please contact Leticia Delmenico, Executive Officer on 0438 136 633.
A short written application detailing your experience addressing the key competencies and qualifications can be emailed to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Contracts Lawyer via Pro Bono Australia.