About the role
We are seeking two committed individuals to join our board as Directors. Your professional expertise will complement the experience, skills and networks of existing board members. These are additional director roles and the board has identified the need for experience and expertise specifically in the areas of human resources, advocacy/government relations, NFP governance and strategic planning. Previous experience as a director is essential. These are voluntary board positions.
All Arthritis Queensland Directors have the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring that they perform the duties and responsibilities of a Director with due care and diligence in compliance with all applicable laws, the Constitution and any specific delegations or policies approved by the Board.
- Ensuring Arthritis Queensland remains aligned with its Vision, Mission and strategic and financial objectives and delivers programs and projects in line with those aims.
- Contributing to the achievement of Arthritis Queensland’s strategic plan by supporting and/or overseeing implementation of agreed strategic initiatives.
- Participating in various fundraising and marketing events and activities and/or making introductions to relevant networks. All Directors are expected to champion fundraising and to donate to Arthritis Queensland in proportion to their ability.
- Attending monthly (up to 7 per year) Board meetings regularly as well as any additional meetings, such as committee meetings, planning sessions or working group meetings, and following up on commitments made in a timely manner.
- Monitoring Arthritis Queensland’s organisational and financial performance and execution against the approved annual operational plan and budget.
- Maintaining and enhancing Arthritis Queensland’s public reputation by modelling professional conduct and monitoring Arthritis Queensland’s organisational behaviour.
Key Selection Criteria – Essential
- Prior experience of NFP governance.
- An appreciation of the challenges of smaller not-for-profit organisations.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A collaborative approach to governance with the ability to think clearly, originally and laterally, and
- Willingness to bring a genuine spirit of inquiry to issues, a preparedness to challenge the status quo, and the courage to be a catalyst for change within the Board.
Key Selection Criteria – Desirable
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Please provide a cover letter and copy of your CV to Emma Thompson, CEO
Enquiries: 0407 069 605
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0407069605
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Director – Arthritis Queensland via Pro Bono Australia.