About the Role
Aspergers Victoria (AV) exists to empower people with Aspergers with a volunteer-driven, educational life-pathway to overcome any disadvantages based on four program pillars:
• Peer support groups
• Information to empower
• Educational events/presentations
• Employment readiness, support and linkages.
The Events Coordinator position offers a passionate environment to contribute to your community and build your experience. You will support the Board to develop the AV Events Strategy aligned with other activities of AV. You will be responsible for delivering AV events supported by a sub-committee and part time administration support.
1. Be responsible for helping to develop, and to deliver our AV events strategy aligned with AV strategy
2. Develop the annual events plan with potential speakers or panel events (at least 4-5) each year about pertinent Aspergers-relevant topics or training for our members such as employment, parenting, communication, research and relationships.
3. Manage a small sub-committee.
4. Maintain a pool of AV volunteers available to help run events.
You will be required to become a member of AV and have a Working with Children Check.
If you enjoy organising events, have strong organisational and planning skills, with event experience, and an understanding of Aspergers/autism please contact us.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Events Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.