About the Role
About the opportunity
As a General Senior Manager of Fledgling Arts Collective you will be working at the helm of a small, close-knit organisation. You will have the chance to make a real impact, working closely with the Director to put your ideas and enthusiasm into practice within the organisation. The role of a General Senior Manager is manyfold – you will be in charge of mentoring new volunteers, as well as training up managers. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the day to day activity of Fledgling – managing our Facebook pages, and responding sensitively to difficult or triggering posts. You will also be responsible for leaving affirmative feedback on the artwork, photography, poetry, music, and film of our members – this is the really fun part! As Senior Manager, you will need to lead as an exemplar, setting an example to the rest of the team, and working hard to maintain our welcoming, inclusive, and caring environment.
– Motivating and managing a team of volunteers, and managers.
– Ensuring that managers and volunteers are keeping to their rota days, and following up with them and the Director if not.
– Mentoring new volunteers, and training new managers.
– Undertaking some basic administrative tasks when required – making rotas and forms, or drafting flyers.
– Leaving affirmative and sensitive feedback on creative work made by our members.
– Managing any tensions that arise on posts, and dealing sensitively with triggering material.
– Adhering to and embodying the ethos of Fledgling at all times – diversity, difference, inclusivity, empathy, and kindness.
About Fledgling Art Collective Central
We are non-profit-making-volunteer run Arts Collective providing a platform both online and offline for those who struggle with mental health, addiction,gender dysphoria,sexuality,feel like they don’t quite ‘fit’,or feel estranged to this world ,We encourage you to express yourselves through art as catharsis.Combining Art & Catharsis , we believe in being CathARTic.We believe the arts are a great elixir.All those who empathise and feel akin with our beliefs are Welcome also.
What are they looking for?
– An understanding that, although this is a voluntary role, you are undertaking a long-term commitment as Manager of Fledgling Arts Collective – please do not apply for this role if you expect to leave within the next 6 months.
– A warm, kind, and empathetic approach, and a big heart.
– Enthusiasm and the ability to self-motivate.
– Personal experience of mental health struggles – Fledgling is an organisation for those struggling with their mental health, run by those who can empathise with their struggles. It is therefore desirable that you have some personal experience of struggling with poor mental health.
– The ability to commit to at least 3 days per week, hopping on and off as much as you can, to fit around your schedule.
– You must be over the age of 18 years old for this position
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Fledgling general senior manager via Pro Bono Australia.