About the Role
Open Doors Youth Service is seeking expressions of interest from human services professionals and business professionals to join our governance team to help shape the future of our service. It is a very exciting time to join ODYS with what we hope will be a very fulfilling a meaningful way to contribute your expertise and experience in a volunteer capacity.
Open Doors’ Board is currently made up of a wonderful mix of highly experienced professionals who have successfully grown our portfolio of services, funding, and headcount over the last 2 years. We have some long standing members who are finishing up this year and we are now looking for others to join the team to help us provide a world class service for young LGBTIQA+ Brother Boy Sister Girl people in South East Queensland.
Open Doors Youth Service is Queensland’s leading youth homelessness and support service enriching the lives of young people with diverse genders, sexualities, and bodies. We support high risk and at-risk young people in developmentally and culturally appropriate ways to provide individual, group-based, and family support to enhance connections to family, culture, and community.
Our programs include:
- Reconnect Program: For young LGBTIQ+ people between the ages of 12 to 17 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Drop in: Meet other young LGBTIQ+ people in a safe and friendly environment where everyone can be who they are, whatever that may be
- Jellybeans: A social support group for gender diverse and gender queer young people and those questioning their gender identity
- Young and Proud: A social support group for LGBTIQ+ young people aged between 18 to 24
- Alcohol and Other Drug Intervention: Outreach services for those LGBTIQ+ and queer Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people with substance abuse issues
- Pride Art Therapy
- Suicide Prevention and Post-vention services
- Sexual Health testing
- Queeriosity: The National Youth Week Queer Youth Fesitval, Queeriosity, is an extravaganza of art, music, culture, and community
I encourage you to check out our website, or just give me a call to have a chat!
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0414373491
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: General Board Member (Committee) Positions for LGBT Youth Org via Pro Bono Australia.