About the Role
We are on the hunt for a passionate and motivated young leader to join Empowered Together’s administration and governance team as a Legal Officer.
Empowered Together is a non-for-profit organisation that works towards the peer led primary prevention of sexual violence. Our vision is a world where sexual integrity is respected, sexual violence is taken seriously and those who have experienced sexual violence receive the support they need to heal.
The Legal Officer’s key responsibility is to work with the CEO and executive team to manage Empowered Together’s risk and legal compliance.
The key duties will include:
• Review Empowered Together’s policies (e.g. Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct) and ensuring they are in line with current laws
• Draft contracts with schools and agreements and Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with partners
• Working with our executive team to manage and update Empowered Together’s risk register
• Research into legal changes in sexual assault, consent, child protection and other relevant topics
• Legal research and analysis on a range of laws which may impact Empowered Together such as charity law, volunteer/employment law and intellectual property law
• Work closely with the executive team on structural changes for the organisation as it grows
We are looking for someone who:
• Is deeply passionate about the primary prevention of sexual assault
• Is currently studying or has completed a degree in law (legal experience itself is not required) or has equivalent knowledge
• Is motivated, independent and can complete projects with minimal supervision
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills
• Is diligent, self-motivated and organised
• Works well both independently and within a team
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together.
Joining our Legal Team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual violence.
As Legal Officer, you will have the opportunity to:
• Build relationships with stakeholders and advisory board members
• Develop and improve your skills in research, implementation and legal compliance
• Gain practical experience in an in-house role across a wide range of areas of law
• Attend training and networking events
• Work alongside driven and passionate young people to power a change
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Chief Executive Officer, Rena Ou Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is also happy to answer any questions or queries at this address.
All applications are due by 31 March 2019.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Rena Ou Yang
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Legal Officer via Pro Bono Australia.