About the role
Ready Set is a registered charity that is seeking a volunteer for approximately 8 hrs per week to provide leadership around our marketing and communications with a focus on the following:
- Build the public brand profile so Ready Set is perceived to be a knowledgeable and impactful leader on the subject of unemployment
- Grow the audience of supporters to drive clothing donations, financial donations, and attendance at clothing sales
- Grow our audience of potential corporate partners, resulting in beneficial collaborations and other outcomes for Ready Set
- Grow our audience of potential referral partners, presenting Ready Set as a valuable asset to their own client service model, resulting in increased client numbers and fee-for-service revenue.
- Maximise funding relationships by promoting projects and client outcomes
The location for this role is flexible and can be done remotely
About the organisation
Many people face barriers to employment – poverty, discrimination, disability, trauma – and need support to look good, feel confident and find work. Our unique solution is to work to empower the whole person by enhancing their external appearance, developing their toolkit for job-hunting, fostering their sense of connection, and most importantly, building their confidence and self-belief.
We provide vulnerable, unemployed people with Clothing, Coaching and Connections that support them to be work ready. Our services include:
Clothing: one-on-one styling sessions where up to $1800 worth of interview and work appropriate clothing, accessories and hygiene products are provided to each client.
Coaching: employment preparation including identifying appropriate job roles based on skills, experience and interests, goal setting, CV writing, developing online job seeking profiles and interview preparation.
Connecting: linking clients to employment opportunities, volunteering opportunities, Ready Set alumni and other relevant community organisations.
Ready Set helps any community member who requires assistance to gain employment irrespective of age, gender, ability, or background. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disability, refugees, First Nations people, women who have experienced domestic violence, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, LGBTIQA+ and those recently released from the justice system. We work with clients aged from 15 to 70+, with the majority in the 20 – 50 age range. Our client breakdown is 50% male, 45% female and 5% transgender / non-binary.
Since opening our doors 10 years ago Ready Set has provided one-on-one support to over 9000 Australians.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role please submit your current CV and a cover letter that outlines your skills, experience and your reasons for seeking a volunteer role. If you would like any further information about the role please contact the Ready set CEO Wendy Draayers on 0459 463 990 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Marketing Communication Lead via Pro Bono Australia.