About the role
Australian Lawyers for Human Rights (ALHR) is seeking expressions of interest for the voluntary role of National Fundraising Manager.
Reporting to the ALHR Executive Management Committee, as the National Fundraising Manager, you will lead fundraising to increase revenue in support of ALHR’s work to stand up for international human rights law standards in Australia.
With overall responsibility for developing fundraising strategies and implementing effective fundraising programs, you will manage:
- Donor stewardship – motivating and inspiring regular donors and ALHR members to maintain their support annually or monthly by powerfully connecting supporters to our vision, mission and outcomes.
- Create and manage other revenue streams such as single gifts; bequests; major gifts and corporates, including fostering relationships with private law firms and foundations.
- Donor reactivation – generating support from lapsed donors.
- Events – assistant with planning fundraising events
- Grants – identify and manage applications for appropriate funding grants.
- Fundraising authorities – working with the ALHR Treasurer to ensure ALHR meets all legal obligations associated with fundraising activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
You will bring demonstrated success in fundraising management in the NFP or legal sector, along with a dynamic approach to developing and implementing fundraising strategies and campaigns. You will be a strategic thinker as well as happy to get amongst the team and roll your sleeves up to lead with actions. Excellent interpersonal skills the ability to professionally manage multiple internal and external stakeholders will also be essential. Finally, you will be passionate about standing up for human rights in Australia.
About the organisation
ALHR was established in 1993 and is a national association of Australian solicitors, barristers, academics, judicial officers and law students who practise and promote international human rights law in Australia. ALHR has active and engaged National, State and Territory committees and specialist thematic committees. Through advocacy, media engagement, education, networking, research and training, ALHR promotes, practices and protects universally accepted standards of human rights throughout Australia and overseas.
How to apply
For any enquiries regarding the role or to submit an EOI including cover letter and CV, please contact Kerry Weste, ALHR President at email@example.com
Please quote in application: National Fundraising Manager Australian Lawyers for Human Rights via Pro Bono Australia.