About the Role
We are looking for a volunteer to work in Nepal leading up to and during the Nepal Impact Marathon 2017 this November.
The volunteer will work closely with the local Street Child staff in an exciting role leading on the communications aspect of the marathon. This will also require liaising with staff to plan and organise wider event activities, with a focus on non-race elements of the overall event.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience in event planning and communications. Equally you will be able to shape your own experience according to your skills, knowledge and goals.
• Planning and arranging visits to Street Child projects with local staff members
• Liaising with Street Child staff both in UK and Nepal
• Documenting the marathon on race day as well as during project visits. This includes collecting and consolidating photographs and film footage for marketing purposes.
• Excellent photography and videography skills
• Excellent social media skills
• Highly self-motivated and pro-active, with the ability to work as part of a team
• Culturally responsive and respectful
• Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to plan and implement plans in a structured manner
• Excellent communication skills, fluent English, both oral and written
• Previous logistics experience preferred
• Ability to work under pressure and handle last minute changes
• Ability to be flexible and to work outside of your specific duties when needed, have fun and laugh along with a sometimes unpredictable environment!
• An interest in international development and/or sport events would be of benefit
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Nepal Marathon – Communications Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.